It’s already August and no Park visitors?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
So, is it too hot to get here, too far to ride, too much traffic,

costs too much to enter the Park? (it is $30) w/o a pass. Too bad, you’re missing out on some great roads and scenery.

Thanks! Where is everyone? It’s lonely up here!:D See the little light at the end of the tunnel, the looooong tunnel? One of several tunnels in the Park, bored right thru the rock. The Merced river was running fast over the rocks.

I have 4,000 miles on the new Z so far and all’s well. Great bike! The OEM Dunlop SportsMax is starting to square off but it would’ve been bald if it was on the Busa. Will be going to Michelin’s soon.

Thanks! Where is everyone? It’s lonely up here!:D See the little light at the end of the tunnel, the looooong tunnel? One of several tunnels in the Park, bored right thru the rock. The Merced river was running fast over the rocks.View attachment 1602524
View attachment 1602525

View attachment 1602526View attachment 1602527
I have 4,000 miles on the new Z so far and all’s well. Great bike! The OEM Dunlop SportsMax is starting to square off but it would’ve been bald if it was on the Busa. Will be going to Michelin’s soon.

John Henry built that very tunnel.

On a side note, I have free passes to any national park (active duty), but I’m all the way here in Texas in between instruction duty and managing a business.. hard to even ride these days, which is a shame. My busa has 1400 miles on it, and I’ve spent about 5x more in mods.

Say guys, I usually post from my iPad and when I touch the pics after posting they enlarge to full screen size. Does this happen to everyone? Sure makes the pics better. Also, this rock/boulder. It’s hard to visualize w/o being there but try to put those big pieces together. It was even bigger on its way down off the mountain from which it fell. Falling rocks?:laugh: Imagine

seeing this one coming down and smashing like you see it now.

Say guys, I usually post from my iPad and when I touch the pics after posting they enlarge to full screen size. Does this happen to everyone? Sure makes the pics better. Also, this rock/boulder. It’s hard to visualize w/o being there but try to put those big pieces together. It was even bigger on its way down off the mountain from which it fell. Falling rocks?:laugh: ImagineView attachment 1602537

seeing this one coming down and smashing like you see it now.
Makes a person feel pretty small.

Who knows when they’ll open the Park, much less hiway 120 over the pass. Here’s a pic of all the passes, all except 120, 108 and 4 are almost always open but more heavily travelled. CalTrans‘ email sz they plan to open 108, the one I rode the other day,

and 4 before the 22nd of May and I’m keeping my fingers crossed. From the north is the Donner pass on I-80, then the Kyburz pass on the famed US 50, then the Kit Carson pass on 88 and between Markleeville and Topaz Lake on 89, the Monitor pass. Then on 4, the Ebbett’s pass and on 108 the Sonora. Inside the Park is the Tioga pass, the highest of them all @ nearly 10'000’. Can’t hardly wait! At the bottom right, I live a bit farther below Fish Camp and Wawona on Road 415 just off hiway 41. Although the road doesn’t show up here, hiway 41 becomes Wawona road and goes thru the Park to 120.

Who knows when they’ll open the Park, much less hiway 120 over the pass. Here’s a pic of all the passes, all except 120, 108 and 4 are almost always open but more heavily travelled. CalTrans‘ email sz they plan to open 108, the one I rode the other day, View attachment 1618425

and 4 before the 22nd of May and I’m keeping my fingers crossed. From the north is the Donner pass on I-80, then the Kyburz pass on the famed US 50, then the Kit Carson pass on 88 and between Markleeville and Topaz Lake on 89, the Monitor pass. Then on 4, the Ebbett’s pass and on 108 the Sonora. Inside the Park is the Tioga pass, the highest of them all @ nearly 10'000’. Can’t hardly wait! At the bottom right, I live a bit farther below Fish Camp and Wawona on Road 415 just off hiway 41. Although the road doesn’t show up here, hiway 41 becomes Wawona road and goes thru the Park to 120.
Bloody hell spoilt for choice :super: what an area !

Bloody hell spoilt for choice :super: what an area !

Whenever the world opens back up it would only cost you airfare and food. I have a couple bikes.

We can be over the mountain and at the Topaz Lake Lodge on the Nevada border by mid afternoon. Lodging here is on me for you (other) country riders.:) Food is on you!:laugh:

Back