Issues with State Farm

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
The short back story:
Purchased wrecked Hayabusa - gave her some TLC and shes street worthy again. Went to my local State Farm (I am 100% at Progressive otherwise) and got a very respectable insurance quote, said yes and wrote a check. More than 30 days later (after never receiving my insurance cards) I get a call saying they cannot cover me because they do not cover just a bike. They need me to cover something else with them. They going to cover me until September.

The question:

Does anybody have their Hayabusa (and only their Hayabusa) covered at State Farm? If so, can you give me a little detail to your location so I can go back and fight the issue. I really dont mind having my beater car covered with them, its just annoying that it took that long for them to come back and tell me.

My agent won't cover just one bike either.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

When I first bought mine, only the bike was insured with them. I was with Farmers on everything else. A few years later, I moved the cars and other bike and then the house to State Farm. When I moved everything else the Busa really dropped in price.

they are covering me with just a bike...other ins is with usaa

I am in TN, State Farm would not cover just my bike either, so I had to put one of my vehicles with them too. More than USAA on the auto, but the savings on the bike made up for it still saved money.

state farm will not cover just a bike for anyone in any state. You have to have at least one vehicle or house etc insured with them.

Quick update - called State Farm back and quoted out all vehicles and they come in lower than Progressive. Everything is being swapped over on Sept 1. Sorry Progressive, its been fun but you don't love the busa like the rest of us do.

Mine wouldn't do it but after being with them for over 14 years they said okay

The short back story:
Purchased wrecked Hayabusa - gave her some TLC and shes street worthy again. Went to my local State Farm (I am 100% at Progressive otherwise) and got a very respectable insurance quote, said yes and wrote a check. More than 30 days later (after never receiving my insurance cards) I get a call saying they cannot cover me because they do not cover just a bike. They need me to cover something else with them. They going to cover me until September.

The question:

Does anybody have their Hayabusa (and only their Hayabusa) covered at State Farm? If so, can you give me a little detail to your location so I can go back and fight the issue. I really dont mind having my beater car covered with them, its just annoying that it took that long for them to come back and tell me.

Yep, same here. I have everything under SF.

I have State Farm on the bike only. Use their credit card to earn dollars back on the premium. Maybe new policy in place?

state farm will not cover just a bike for anyone in any state. You have to have at least one vehicle or house etc insured with them.

This is not true, I had just my Hayabusa covered by State Farm for over 4 years. All of my other insurance is with USAA. I ended up dropping them though as they kept raising my rates for no reason at all.

I think that the coverage is similarly based as rates are and the rules can change based on state and county.

Only my busa is covered by state farm. My wife's bike is through progressive, and our home, truck and trailers, Miata and Mary's subaru are with farmers.

Some states this applies to, here in New Hampshire, it is the same!

Back