issue with painter

Thanks for posting the update! I was stressing out all week!
computer.gif

lol1.gif
 I can't wait to see pics!

Aye thank you for posting,BUT please break up that way to long paragraph. It really is hard to read.

another update:

well.. as of today, the 11th, bike isnt done yet. but its alot further. both gas tanks (stock and fiberglass race tank), nose, side fairings, inner fairings are done. the bike would have been done prob today or tomorrow, but he said while drying the candy somehow mixed with the clear and made the paint wrinkle in 9 different spot, so he had to sand it back down, reprimer, repaint the pearl, clear it, sand it and let it all dry again. he had just started redoing the tail again when i showed up. so now, if nothing messes up with the tail on this 2nd try, it will b done by today (11th) as well as dried/cleared/baked. then again, if all goes well, he is going to let it cure over the weekend, polish everything monday and start assembly, so again, if all goes well he said tuesday is the day.

i talked with 2 other guys there and they were prob a few years older then me (late 20s) and both were down to earth and i got them to talk. first i talked about the stuff they did, polishing, sanding, ect.. let them talk about themselves some. then i asked about my bike, and both said the same thing, how the tail messed up yesterday and they had to redo it this morning. 1 guy said how my bike was about 2 1/2 weeks behind schedule, bu he didnt go into why it was. but he said him and the other guy will b doing the wiring tonight while the owner paints the tail. they even said the last 2 nights they have stayed till 11-1130 working on it. so.. we will see.

next time he gives u a deadline like oh deffintly by this date... jokingly say would u bet the cost of the paint job on it. If its not done by that date its free. And if he says no be like arent you a man of your word i have been in a similar situation and it worked for me. If he agrees hold him to it either way youll at least feel him out.

This is why you don't have your bike painted until winter. You don't care how long it takes and you are getting free storage of it during the time that it is there. Painters are like artists and they should care about their work. It sounds like he does care about his work. I would be upset if it is spring/summer and he has the bike 4 weeks. BUT I know that I should had that bike in there in the winter.....than I would not had missed a single day of time to ride. However!!!! I would not give him no more space though. If you had agreed on 2 weeks and it is 4 weeks as you agreed, I think a discount is in order.

"winter mods" dont really apply to us in Arizona, now, SUMMER mods.. i can see that. haha and IF it is done on wed of this week, he will have had it for 5 1/2 weeks total

***update***

went down to the paint place today (4/17). Its funny. all week il be mad and pissed cause its not done.. all that stuff, but when i go down there, its like.. WOW!. and today was no exception. right when i walked in the painter was like "are your ears ringing" i was like, i know my phone aint ringing, thats y i came down. haha. I guess he just went in do get his soldering gun (for the extra length of wire for the LED's) and thats when i showed up. but OMG, it looks beyond amazing. i thought it was gonna be one way, but he took it to a whole new level. like, im seriously gonna be scared to ride it cause it looks so nice (damn getting a nice paint job). so yea, he was installing the LED's and had 1 guy cleaning the bike, getting all the dirt/dust/crap off it when i showed up. he said he was hoping it would have been done today, but just with the wiring, it slowed him down on how he was going to run it all, laying it all out, ect. i got a ton more pics, ill prob post up the "teaser' pics alittle later since it will be done and delivered tomorrow. now to not get all excited and forget about making sure about the discount.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
looks sweet!!!! You are right, those are just teaser pics. I want more,more,more
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

*** update ***

well,.. long story short.. still no bike. i called back today (18t) at 4pm, figured that should b long enough to put it all back together. well... it wasnt apparently. when i called he said he was just about to get back from running an errand and would call me once he gets back in to see its status. About 530 he calls and says the 2 guys who where suppose to be cleaning the frame/engine/ect and then putting the fairings on cleaned the bike..but thats it. he said they said they didnt wanna mes up the fairings cause they werent to use to sport bikes. anywho, he said everyone is gone and the shop is closed and he was going to stay till it was done and be in early tomorrow to go over it all so when the 2 guys come in at 8am, they can clean the whole bike. so he said no later then 10am and he will give me a call....*sigh* i dropped it off on a saturday... 6 weeks later.. i will get to pick it up. i hope.

super.gif
PM -->
AZIROC @ Apr. 18 2008 said:
1381993[/ATTACH] PM]
*** update ***

well,.. long story short.. still no bike.   i called back today (18t) at 4pm, figured that should b long enough to put it all back together.  well... it wasnt apparently.  when i called he said he was just about to get back from running an errand and would call me once he gets back in to see its status.  About 530 he calls and says the 2 guys who where suppose to be cleaning the frame/engine/ect and then putting the fairings on cleaned the bike..but thats it.  he said they said they didnt wanna mes up the fairings cause they werent to use to sport bikes.  anywho, he said everyone is gone and the shop is closed and he was going to stay till it was done and be in early tomorrow to go over it all so when the 2 guys come in at 8am, they can clean the whole bike.  so he said no later then 10am and he will give me a call....*sigh* i dropped it off on a saturday... 6 weeks later.. i will get to pick it up.  i hope.
Hang in there...sounds like it's the final countdown and from the "teaser" pics gonna be well worth the wait....
thumb_up.gif

super.gif

Just lookin' at those pics, it's going to be worth the wait, man. Can't wait to see pics of it put together. Now I'm getting ticked off having to wait!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

Back