Isle of Man vid ........... Steve Plater.

Didn't seem to be at normal speed, might be wrong but I think someone raised the speed a few frames per second :whistle:

Didn't seem to be at normal speed, might be wrong but I think someone raised the speed a few frames per second :whistle:

I thought the same thing, but looking at the other riders they seem to be moving in normal motion. Could just be the shake of the camera I guess.
I would give my left one for a ride on that road.
Bubba

He ended up giving the eventual winner, John McGuiness a good run in the Senior TT (Superbike) race. But John went on to set new records in 3 out of 4 of his laps. :bowdown:

I've been trying to figure out when they race there...where they put their balls!?? :laugh: Cause they have to be the size of cantaloupes! :bowdown:

Yup, some moron sped up the film. :moon: Totally ruined a good video. He is traveling much faster than Formula 1 cars if you recognize the speed. I wish we could send hate mail to idiots who ruin awesome vids of Isle of man.....at regular speed it would still have been AWESOME!!

Vid is not speeded up. I watched the Superbike TT on Discovery Home Theater for one hour and it looked faster than the youtube video. At first, I thought it was speeded up but then I saw people walking at normal speed on the side lines. Average speed for the race was over 130 mph for all of the 37 mile laps. Top speeds were around 200 mph. They had side of the road cameras, on bike cameras and aerial cameras. Rossi was there as a spectator and commented that "these guys are crazy".

These guys have to know exactly where they are every second. I would be a casualty really quick. I think Rossi is right.

I just got the DUKE DVD of the 2009 TT in the mail.
That clip is not sped up, just camera jerks.
Those boys are haulin A$$ over there. :thumbsup:

I just got the DUKE DVD of the 2009 TT in the mail.
That clip is not sped up, just camera jerks.
Those boys are haulin A$$ over there. :thumbsup:

Mike,

What is the DUKE DVD? And can you please post a link to where you purchased it from. I REALLY want to get the DVD for my Dad's birthday.

Oh....do you know if they have it in Blu-Ray?

Thanks

Mike,

What is the DUKE DVD? And can you please post a link to where you purchased it from. I REALLY want to get the DVD for my Dad's birthday.

Oh....do you know if they have it in Blu-Ray?

Thanks

+1000 on that.:thumbsup:

Yup, some moron sped up the film. :moon: Totally ruined a good video. He is traveling much faster than Formula 1 cars if you recognize the speed. I wish we could send hate mail to idiots who ruin awesome vids of Isle of man.....at regular speed it would still have been AWESOME!!

I think the reason it looks so fast is the very close proximity of buildings, walls, trees, etc. that give reference to the high rate of speed. An F1 course is wide open with very little on the sides of the course to give the sensation of speed.

A real testament to the men and machines. No margin for error due to the non safety aspects of the course. Generally if you crash at speed at the best you're a cripple and worst case you die. It doesn't matter how many times you run it when you're pushuing the envelope the risks are very high. Google Joey Dunlop (7/9/2000)and his brother. Joey was probably the more accomplished racer on the Isle but both men have widows raising children. I don't know if I'd want to run it?

Awesome video! Very Very tight small town roads at thoughs speeds! Would love to see it in person! Neil Hodgson former BSB and world super bike winner grew up there. I talked to him at VIR about the TT! Neat guy! And awesome stories!:thumbsup:

I thought the same thing, but looking at the other riders they seem to be moving in normal motion. Could just be the shake of the camera I guess.
I would give my left one for a ride on that road.
Bubba

That's freaky fast if it's real time :bowdown:

Back