Is Zuk ever gonna make a new improved busa?

jch364

Registered
I saw some pics of the new busa's ... I love the red and black one. Its the first color I actually really love since I bought my 06 red and black. I just love that maroonish red color... But is there any real information out there about a new bike to ***** stomp the ninja? I not exactly going to be ready to buy a new one till 2016 i think but if they dont come out with something that puts out more than the 195hp I already have then there is no point in buying one. Ill just keep what I have and buy a new Victory cross country tour Ive been eye balling ...

Anyone got any inside scoop?????

I think Suzuki is missing the boat. They had the best bike, the rep., and the market cornered, but don't keep up or stay fresh. Now many are jumping ship or leaving altogether. I still love my busa, but if I were to buy a new bike others would be on my short list.

I think Suzuki is missing the boat. They had the best bike, the rep., and the market cornered, but don't keep up or stay fresh. Now many are jumping ship or leaving altogether. I still love my busa, but if I were to buy a new bike others would be on my short list.

I have to agree, they put a lot of money, time and research into the bike in 99 and it's like the bike just fell off a cliff the past few years..

i am slightly optimistic and suspect 2015 but if nothing by then, i give up guessing. :please: i am at that point where i have been looking elsewhere and fortunately, i revert back to the bus because nothing out there really blows up my skirt. i wouldn't mind a refresh gen3 just to keep the thrill alive in the busa world but i think me and many others are starting to lose hope.

Took almost 10 years for the gen one to get revamped , I don't figure Zuk will be any quiker in the doing a gen 3

Yeah I'm with you :whistle: the way people talk it's like the busa is chopped liver or something.... Both Gens are still good bikes that are still stoopid fast on the street and have a ton of after market goodies and go fast parts that can get you any specific amount of HP that your looking 4.....

I'm with you, if I'm buying a new bike, the hayabusa wouldn't be on my list. Sorry Suzuki.

I am looking to buy a new bike in the spring. Suzuki is not even being considered.

I love the busa, and with a little engine work and a turbo, I have the one of the baddest bikes on the street. There are a ton of aftermarket parts for my GEN1 so I cant see upgrading her for a new bike ATM and my wife loves to ride on the back of her.

If we keep buying the chitty current busa with almost no mods then Suzuki wlll continue to NOT upgrade the bike.

The addition of the ABS after 14 years is an example of how complacent Suzuki is. BMW has had ABS since 1988 and now offers it on every model. Suzuki is not doing well either and the car division is worse.

Kawasaki is a much smaller bike company but they take their bike business seriously, just look how many changes the zx-12, 14 have undergone in the same period as the Hayabusa.

BB

If the busa is so chitty and you absolutely can't ride a motorcycle without ABS brakes why not just sell/trade/or give away your "chitty" busa and get you a brand spankin new booger green Cowasaki??

ABS is a deterrent to me buying a bike. But different strokes I guess.

As far as a Busa redesign, I really don't care. If I were in the market deciding between the new (supposedly all that and a bag of chips) ZX14R and a 2014 (same bike since '08) Busa, I'd still choose the Busa. It looks better and I like the engine characteristics of the Suzuki over the Kawasaki. Kawi motors have been sewing machines since the ZX9R went away. I like the rough around the edges of a Suzuki.

Right On Bots :beerchug: if I was retired and riding a Goldwing then maybe ABS would be something I would look 4 but honestly who walks in2 a dealership looking for a 190mph+ motorcycle saying I can't ride this bike because it doesn't have abs....? if you want a busa that looks and rides like a zx-14 then just buy a cowasaki!! Simple easy fix no?? Whenever the new busas eventually come out 6months later there will be people clamoring for Gen4's because they don't have a LED cup holders or some other fancy switch that was irrelevant until so n so came out with it :whistle:

I don't expect much more HP, but do expect lots more electronics to be installed

I don't expect much more HP, but do expect lots more electronics to be installed Agreed, Suzuki is way behind on the total package.

ABS is not what I am after but is required for traction control, drive modes, current engine capacity etc; All of which the Hayabusa do not have.

The Kawy is ugly as sin but at least they are current on the rest of the package.

BB

Back