Is two better then one?

Chango

Registered
I have to start by saying I know very little about bikes! it might be very evident after this question. LOL! however this may be a dumb question but if I don't ask it then I will never know! I just got my busa last month best bike I ever owned no contest! It has a Micro full exhaust on it and sounds amazing! however It goes to one pipe. So here is my question. From what I understood about motors the more air in and out the more power! do we loose ponies by going to one pipe? ???

I have to start by saying I know very little about bikes! it might be very evident after this question. LOL! however this may be a dumb question but if I don't ask it then I will never know! I just got my busa last month best bike I ever owned no contest! It has a Micro full exhaust on it and sounds amazing! however It goes to one pipe. So here is my question. From what I understood about motors the more air in and out the more power! do we loose ponies by going to one pipe? ???

No. You gain them.

RSD.

All of the best horse power making exhaust systems are 4 into 1. Plus they are lighter. Do you have a micro exhaust? Or a Micron exhaust?

RSD.

+1 to what Rubber said :beerchug: You'll find all the performance builds and drag guys run a 4 into 1 setup, they produce the most ponies. Guys that run duals are usually more into looks and the sound of a dual exhaust but #'s on a dyno don't lie nor does the added weight from another midpipe and exhaust can :whistle:

I never thought about the weight reduction!!! I'm sorry it's a full Micron exhaust! Thanks for the replies!!

Probably not a performance difference all things equal but you do gain weight loss with the single. A little more ground clearance on the clutch side :laugh:

Yep hp they all produce similar gains but 1 obviously weighs less than 2 except if you have a titanium system 2 vs stainless 1

Back