IS TRUMP DOING BETTER THAN OBAMA?

1. It's not clear who discovered America, but it clearly was not Columbus. It was most likely the Vikings were the first Europeans in the new world. Note that even at the time, Amerigo Vespucci (sp) was given credit for the discovery. Also we need to clarify what discovered means. Does it mean what we as humans know or only what European humans know?

2. Clearly the Civil war was our most devastating war. We actually benefitted from both World Wars, mostly WW2. WW2 built our industrial base, gave us technologies we still are exploiting, and destroyed our competition.

3. Science is a process of finding the truth (actually apparent facts). It is belief based on evidence. But, there are very few things that are absolute facts, that is proven beyond an alternative explaination.

The question of who discovered America is actually very interesting. We look back and assign all sorts of motives and agendas to this but in actually, it's more likely no one even knew there was an "America" even when they landed on it. If you think about it, Europeans knew there was Asia, all the way to the most western coasts (Japan, China). But no one knew what happened if you sailed east toward us from Japan. On the other hand, many different hunting parties, spice traders and explorers bumped into the east coast of America. But they didn't know whether the east coast was some odd part of Asia or a new place all together. Remember they didn't have satellites so most simply didn't have any concept of a land mass the size of the Americas between the European west coast and Asia. I suspect many didn't even know there was something to discover, thinking they were in Asia.

Sorry, just my fascination with history and how human intelligence has evolved.

History is lies agreed upon.
Science is what stand on, until we stand on something else.
America wasn't discovered, it's been here all along.
Reality cannot exist outside of our perception of it, even if it did, how could we know?
Technically, I don't think discovered means when something began to exist, only when it became part of our consciousness. It's sort of the most obvious version of a tree falling in the woods, no?

I was always amazed that the truth about history is written right in books, just not text books. It is unbelievable how obvious the propaganda is.

Last edited:
1. It's not clear who discovered America, but it clearly was not Columbus. It was most likely the Vikings were the first Europeans in the new world. Note that even at the time, Amerigo Vespucci (sp) was given credit for the discovery. Also we need to clarify what discovered means. Does it mean what we as humans know or only what European humans know?

2. Clearly the Civil war was our most devastating war. We actually benefitted from both World Wars, mostly WW2. WW2 built our industrial base, gave us technologies we still are exploiting, and destroyed our competition.

3. Science is a process of finding the truth (actually apparent facts). It is belief based on evidence. But, there are very few things that are absolute facts, that is proven beyond an alternative explaination.
1)It depends on th meaning of the word "discovered" IE "We discovered this nice out of the wy pub that was so charming"
AV was actually credited with being the first to figure out that the Americas was NOT ASIA LOL "hello Indians"
2) My uncles and Dad didn't feel they very much benefited when they finally got home. But yeah many time loss of life in the Civil War because both sides were Americans.
3) Yes Science is never "all in" as many like to say. It is a never ending evolving hypothesis.

Technically, I don't think discovered means when something began to exist, only when it became part of our consciousness. It's sort of the most obvious version of a tree falling in the woods, no?

I was always amazed that the truth about history is written right in books, just not text books. It is unbelievable how obvious the propaganda is.
No, discovery implies uncovering something new, being the first to reveal something hidden. America was here, populated and doing just fine.

No, discovery implies uncovering something new, being the first to reveal something hidden. America was here, populated and doing just fine.
For example, I might say "I discovered this great road last week while riding in the mountains". The road was already there and many knew of it. My discovery was when the road entered into my consciousness.

My point was history is written from a European perspective, so discovery means when things came into the European consciousness.

Back