IS TRUMP DOING BETTER THAN OBAMA?

We have always debated our interpretation of facts. A fact is a fact. Today, we debate the facts themselves. Resolutions are much more difficult when one side or the other is in effect delusional.
Facts have always been debated. Not in the public discourse perhaps, and certainly not in the manner we see in the political arena currently, but facts have always been questioned.
The earth was flat. Fact. Until it was debated and shown to be wrong.
The sun goes around the earth. Fact. Until somebody said wait a minute.....
Do not mistake the popular outpouring of "alternative facts" as a challenge to reality, quite the contrary, it is an attempt to manipulate the arena to advantage a specific group. They know that what they're promoting isn't factual, they don't believe it themselves. Acceptance of it advantages them, so they push it. If someone was selling safety nets to prevent people from falling off the edge of a flat earth, they wouldn't want someone coming along and saying the earth was round so nobody needed their nets, now would they?

For example, I might say "I discovered this great road last week while riding in the mountains". The road was already there and many knew of it. My discovery was when the road entered into my consciousness.

My point was history is written from a European perspective, so discovery means when things came into the European consciousness.
You're making my argument for me discovery on an individual basis isn't really discovery at all, it's awareness. Discovery means to uncover something that is new to all, not just you or your group. If I were to "discover" your home, which I'd never seen before and claim it for my family, how would you feel? You didn't really discover that road at all, you just know it's there now. Europeans did not discover anything, they simply made themselves aware of its existence. To pretend something didn't exist before your culture knew it was there is the height of arrogance. There were high-functioning societies here long before other people showed up from across the ocean....

You are making my argument for me
discovery on an individual basis
is not really discovery at all ,
it is awareness .

Discovery means to uncover
something that is new to all ,
not just you or your group .

If I were to "discover" your home ,
which I had never seen before
and claim it for my family ,
how would you feel ?

You did not really
discover that road at all ,
you just know it is there now .

Europeans did not discover anything ,
they simply made themselves
aware of its existence .

To pretend something
did not exist before
your culture knew
it was there is the
height of arrogance .

There were high-functioning societies
here long before other people
showed up from across
the atlantic ocean .

Last edited:
You're making my argument for me discovery on an individual basis isn't really discovery at all, it's awareness. Discovery means to uncover something that is new to all, not just you or your group. If I were to "discover" your home, which I'd never seen before and claim it for my family, how would you feel? You didn't really discover that road at all, you just know it's there now. Europeans did not discover anything, they simply made themselves aware of its existence. To pretend something didn't exist before your culture knew it was there is the height of arrogance. There were high-functioning societies here long before other people showed up from across the ocean....

That was my point exactly. I am in no way defending the arrogance of how people see history, just pointing out how people can believe Columbus discovered America when Natives were on the beach to greet him when he got here.

Did anyone ask you? Lol! Can you tell I'm totally bored? Frank better hurry up and send those wheels.
im happy for you arch... im glad u weren't just Bullchittin all this time about wanting wheels(cause frankly if I had to read another thread about lightweight wheel options my head might explode) jk... smokin deal u got also.

But for the most part
we do it with civility
and respect . . .

I like that about this place .

:beerchug:

#ObamaBetterThanTrump ~ #ObamaWasGay ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
Back