Is this worth reporting the FBI?

Takeuon

Registered
Thought I might forward this email to the FBI that made it's way into my inbox. Notice the many grammatical errors.
You all know the scam. Nigerian in nature ,no doubt. It's been going around for a year or two now.

However I am truly sick of these MF'rs trying to take advantage of the under educated, ill advised, senior citizens, and other unknowing fellow Americans! :cussing:

A Job for You!
We thought you would be interested in this job:
Job Information
Job Title: Money Manager Assistant Req'd Education: Not Specified
Company: Insurance Company Req'd Experience: Not Specified
Job Location: United States Base Pay: $ 2,000/month
Employee Type: Part-Time/Home-Based Bonus: Yes

Work at home Money Manager Assistant
part-time vacancy; 2000 usd / month:

We value your reply back regarding the open position Insurance Fund is offering.
We're currently looking motivated and responsible individuals to attend the post of a 'Work at home Money Transfer Assitant'. This remote position itself covers a broad range of directions an individual would have to perform.
It's a part time vacancy, which let's you perform your duties directly from your home location. In the nearest future, we're planning to achieve the expansion of our company throughout the United States of America and United Kingdom, providing local offices and departments in the vast areas, where logistic and insurance services are definitely in demand.
Until then, we're trying to fill in our personnel with new individuals, which will increase the efficiency of the services we're catering.
If you wish to apply or have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact me back either via E-mail.

Hope to hear from you much.

- Your fixed salary is 2000$ a month + 5% from each deposit processed by you.
- Your education and status don't matter.
- You has an opportunity work 2-3 hours per day.
- We do not ask any personal information and we run enterprise according to laws of the United States of America.
- You do not spend your own funds and there are no startup taxes. All charges for withdrawal or transferring the money will be deducted from the deposit.
- You will receive payments Direct Bank Deposits and wire transactions from client within United States and send it by instant payment sistem such as Western Union. You will receive 5% of processed amount.
- This is not insurance sales position and you don't need to sell insurance, this is Money Transfer Assistant position.
- The main responsibilities will be to fill forms, receive and transaction money from our clients at the United States to our couriers. - To start work with us you must only have basic checking account at any bank. Your financial information will never be disclosed to third parties.
- This is part time work at home position and can easily combine this vacancy with other work.

Now I will explain the details of this job.

1) An ACH or Wire transaction will be made to your bank account from our client. I'll let you know it's exact transaction amount and date.
2) You should receive the transfer and send me the confirmation that you've received it. Then you'll have to cash out this transaction at your bank.
3) Then you'll have to sent the funds you took from you bank account via Western Union. I'll let you know all the necessary information on this transfer the name of person who will receive the money and destination city/country.
4) Then you should send an email to me to confirm the Western Union transfer is sent. This email should include sender's name, name of the city the transaction has been sent from, exact Western Union transaction amount, and Western Union MTCN it's essential for receiving the funds.
5) We communicate with our agents mainly by e-mail, but we will also communicate by phone if your e-mail is not available. It is your responsibility to check your e-mail daily and inform us about any change in your contact information. Supporting communication is your top-priority obligation.
6) The fixed monthly salary which is 2000 usd will be sent to you by direct payment after 30 day period from first transfer.

Please ask me with more questions or just let me know you're ready to get started.

We do not need access to your bank accounts. This is information that you can see at any check and only let us to send ACH and Wire transactions to this accounts.

Note: Actions depicted below, are authorized by Our Company, and therefore sustain legitimacy status. Our venerable organization doesn't condone or incite improper or out of border incentives, which may contradict to federal law.

You will get all additional information within next 24 hours.
1252341092 - 6dff33a6ab81bbc4856785821bd2020e
Apply Now

Money Manager Assistant

If you want to apply please send all your questions and contact information at djeysay@gmail.com . We're seeking mail to our further communication.

The worse part is, there are so many people trying to find work right now. You could see how someone might become desperate enough to trust the email. And then they get screwed!

Yep. Looks like a scam, or a money laundering operation. I would report it and ask if the FBI has any feedback on it. They may already have a file on it.

Doubtful that the FBI has time to waste on scam emails. Imagine if everyone sent those to the FBI. Its up to you I guess, I just hit the delete button.

Doubtful that the FBI has time to waste on scam emails. Imagine if everyone sent those to the FBI. Its up to you I guess, I just hit the delete button.

As do I. But if everyone was to do that. Which I'm sure 99.9% of us do.....are we not doing an injustice to those that have been scammed, by NOT providing enough info to the feds to try & stop this?

Going around for a year or two? I remember that crap popping up in Fidonet back in the late 80s. Hell I remember my parents laughing at those types of scams being mailed to our house back in the 70s.

I get dozens of those everyday and I honestly couldn't care less about those stupid enough to fall for it. If they don't lose their money that way, they'll find some other idiotic way to lose it.

dont bother, They probly wont be able to do anything, and hey, anyone that falls for that needs a life lesson IMO

I wouldn't bother the FBI but if you fill strongly enough about it; report it to the internet popo :thumbsup:

You know... Posting this thread with "FBI" in the title was probably just as good as reporting it to them. I'm just sayin'. :whistle:

Back