Is This Too Good Of A Deal?

thanks for all the suggestions...I did notice the pitting on the triple clamp...almost like it was a fake chrome sticker. I also noticed the seats being crooked...good call on subframe....it just snowed two feet yesterday...no chance of a road test...don't know if seller is forum member...its a maine craigslist listing...the current body work setup is ugly for sure....maybe other body work is more promising...I am in my 50's so the cash money playa vibe is not so appealing..but busas are not so abundant here and do fetch a pretty good used price. Can i see the subframe with the seat off? If so I bet a quick eyeballing would show something bent or rewelded.

Very little of the subframe will be visible with the seats off.
But, in person, if the seats look crooked, chances are it's the subframe.
Any damage to the frame where the subframe bolts to should also be visibly obvious.
If it runs good and drives straight, and can be had for the right price, the cosmetic stuff is secondary.
Guy I work with just sold his 2000 Busa that he bought new. Had 40k miles, never an issue, and was in great shape.
He sold it for $3k, because he was offered that for it. He would've taken less.
Good used bikes are out there if you're willing to look around, and sometimes travel to get them.
Good luck

Thanks sixpack577 for the reply...appreciate it....i emailed the owner and asked him if the bike had been in any accidents and did mention that the seats looked misaligned....his response was "No the bike has never been even dropped never mind in an accident".....sounds maybe a bit fishy....maybe patience will reward me...not like i can ride the scooter until May anyway...does sound like I should be able to find something in the 3k-3.5k range if i am less in a rush.

Back