Is this the attitude of the members?

I have been gone for a long time, but now I'm back. I enjoyed the board before and I enjoy it now. Great site, information and people. Thanks for keeping it going. Its a great place to be.

for a time I was pretty much fed up with the board.. but he's gone now so i'm pretty much cool... not the most popular opinion..

but at the same time I know he alienated many members.. not just myself.. I was suprised at how many "I agree with you totally" PM's I got after voicing my opinion once aside from what seems to be a core "clique" who are somehow more "hayabusa.org" than the rest of us. Thats cool though too.. they just more involved than I have been for along time.

i've bought shirts and hats and stickers when I had the money... have no problems with fund raising. Not that I overly agree with the way it's being done now... but it seems to be working so Hoorah!

in short.. we all know your gonna retire early Cap.. don't try to snooker us with all this smoke and mirror stuff about server costs and whatnot... like your getting millions of hits per yer or something... pshhht!

hehe.. just kidding.. I think alot of people just don't realize the costs involved with this large of a website and probably never will so I wouldn't sweat it.

i've donated before, and I'll donate again someday in whatever way is popular at the time.

Don't sweat it your doin' better than cache ya know.. lmao.

super.gif

Been out of town for a few days and just now saw this thread.

Really pisses me off. Really. mjn summed it up pretty well, though. It's your place, you run it how you like. Even if you did it for profit, who else isn't making a profit off the internet.

It just amazes me how people continually think they should get a free handout at every turn. Consummate freeloaders. At least here at h.org, you can still get all the help you need for free. Anything from how to check your oil to swapping out an engine. What more do you want?

I just don't understand. If you were to do anything BUT have a yard sale, you'd have to pay overhead to sell your stuff. I just don't understand why people think they are entitled to free shid on a privately owned forum. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to send you an e-mail like that. It's pure dee wrong.

As soon as I have something to sell, of course I'll list it on the auction site.

Also, whenever I feel I can, you'll have donations from me.

--Wag--

i dont know about the auction site... to me it isnt very easy to look through, not like the part forum. I think you should consider another way for the site to benefit from the commerce that takes place. a couple other forum sites charge vendors a certain amount/year to sell stuff but this isn;t very fair to them if someone can sell the same thing and not have to pay for a vendor membership.. idk i am not a big fan of the auction thing, i like to know what the person wants for the item adn tell him i will take it, if i miss out, then fine but at least the price didnt change after i tried to buy it....

ps what happened to the donate button on top...its been 2 years i figure i should return something...

bowdown.gif
all i can say is thankyou cap ,you and your family for your time ,your caring and again for doing what you feel is the right thing ,it doesnt matter what some may think ,as long as you are doing what you feel is right than sleep well at night,i will knowing this is your (our) board thanks again man for all that you do and have done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back