Is this the attitude of the members?

tell 'em to take a hike...if they are complaining about a couple of pennies to sell something, you know they aren't donating either...they won't be missed!!!

the auction site is actually pretty easy to use and if you make a mistake trying to learn how to get around all you have to do is yell for help and it is on the way (i know this as Cap and soupy had to help me out...thanks guys)

Cap, you and your team have done a very good thing here by keeping this board alive and well...i have learned more in the past few months here than i ever did sitting in parking lots, garages, driveways, etc. talking to people who didn't know any more than i did...and on top of that, i have also met some of the greatest people who i call my friends (whether they want me to or not)...

whatever you need to do to maintain the .org is ok with me...those that don't like it can go form their own boards if they think it is so easy...

Thank You to everyone who has given time, money, ideas, knowledge, etc. to make this the best place on the net

(Devil Dog @ Oct. 18 2006,23:25) What Auction Site?  Hey, i'm always the last one to find these things out.  
biggrin.gif
  Kidding......Cap, do what you need to do.  Don't waste your time trying to make every freaking "individual" happy.  Some people are never happy.

As for the auction site..  I have bought and sold on the new site already.  It works great.  I use it to support the site.  I feel like we should all do our part to support the site monthly......

Bottom line ....I trust you and your staff.  You guys are like family.  I will end this rant, simply with,

Thank You.

DD
Devil, I just bid on your camelback
super.gif

I guess you're getting the idea of how we feel , right Cap ? Just ban the bad apples ....why let em hang around and stir the pot ?
Anyway , I have no problem with what you have to do to keep this place running smoothly . The Auction Site is a great idea and I hope , for all your hard work thru the years , that " one day" this place could turn a profit for you on a consistant basis ! You deserve it !
beerchug.gif

No big, long, shoulder crying speech here. I will also be here when that person takes all of his friends.

I use the auction site and have no complaints for it existence and I sometimes donate and do raffles and buy shirts and buy stickers.................damn Capn how much money you made off me" No wonder my kids are so skinny.

Just joking. Dont let a few cry babies get to ya. They do not speak for even a portion of the majority of your site frequenties.

yeah...I don't recall giving permission for anyone to speak on my behalf.....hmmm

but here is one fair suggestion.....the auction site feels sort of detached from the flow of the rest of the site.....
take the link to the "for sale" section and tie it to the Auction site.....rename the existing sale section to old.....
give people till the end of the year or so....to relist the items and then "archive it" but take it away.
on the auction site...mute the colors a little so the feel is more like the board instead of not. ......too much going on will confuse people just to check it out.....then they might not take the time to learn on making use of it.

just thoughts.

Hey!! I like the link idea.

leave the for sale forum, but when you click on it you are directed to the auction site.

biggrin.gif

(thrasherfox @ Oct. 19 2006,10:44) Hey!! I like the link idea.

leave the for sale forum, but when you click on it you are directed to the auction site.

biggrin.gif
+3

Cap, Nope I don't feel that way. I love it here and think you and the other mods have done a great job.

If others don't like it, I hope the door don't hit them in the rear on the way out.

Chris

Here is the real bottom line:

You can't please everyone. If the PM that was sent to Cap was more constructive it would have been a lot more helpful.

I think that input from members is important, but members have to see the big picture. It seems that most do.

Heading towards 100 replies....I hope you have your answer, Cap. Keep up the good work and hopefully we (the members) will keep our side of the bargain. Sell or donate something every month. It's really not that difficult. Even $5 a month.....the price of a bad lunch........

and this thread did teach me one thing..... I never knew Ghost Rider's real name.... or cared really.
I will still call him crazy!

Cap-
It is hard to form an opinion based around the last reply from an irritated member. He makes references to the way he was treated in his dealings, so I can't tell you anything about his opinions. In my opinion however... I love this site and the way that it is run. I have not used the auction site yet so I do not know how you have it set up. Personaly I am with you anything that you can do to make the site self sufficient you should. I am not worried about you making a buck because you never solicite for a buck. I think you are in the right and I think you need to learn not to take opinion to heart. Unless you it is valid. This is a global site remember people are going to be mad from time to time. Let them if they do not want to participate let them find another place to roost. When it comes down to it this is your sight run it how you want. take it easy cap and I would like to say thank you for providing this awesome service to the rest of us.

Your doing a great job and you run a great site Captain. I personnaly like looking through the auction site. Its an easy place to go and see what the members or the venders are wanting to sell. Its al in one easy place to look and you dont have to scan through a bunch of posts one one item like when someone posts something up for sale. The seller and buyer dont have to pm each other back and forth just to decide the price is too high or too cheap. I like the auction site and I think if most members and venders would take the time to look around they will find that it is easy to navigate around in and find what you might be looking for. Thanks again for the site and all your hard work.

I dont reply to threads that much anymore but I still lurk, it's a new job + time thing. Anyway, I am with you, CAP...It's your house, your cash to fund this party so there is no reason you should not be able to generate cash to help offset the costs.

To you and the mods, keep up the good work and thanks.

Ok Cap, about 80 or so members have voiced their opinions and all are positive about the changes. So I guess you have your answer. so lets say 1 out of 100 members have a problem with it. Majority rules. Even if 1-5 percent of members were to leave because of this, the way the board has increased in members just since I have been here, we would not even notice them being gone. I have not played in the auction section so far but have bought alot of stuff on ebay for my bike and would rather support the board and my fellow members so I intend on learning the NEW part of the board.

CAP, Like alot of us, I work hard all week, take my daughters to soccer, tennis, music, homework, maintain and improve my home, and when precious Sunday morning comes, I charge up into the mountains on my Hayabusa. I love it with friends, I love it alone. When not paying bills, reading, or being with my family, I go downstairs to my computer and get lost in the dialog of Hayabusa.org. You offer such a wonderful service, I would hope you could turn a handsome profit! We may not all agree politically, but we surely all share at least one thing...the lure, mystique and pleasure of a special kind of motorcycle. Thank you so much for what you do. Doyle (raydog)

People never cease to amaze me.

What makes him think that he can come into your house, use your stuff...to sell his stuff........

for free?

I see it every day...give me-give me-give me-give me.....the world owes me a living.....profit is a dirty word...

I'm just sick of ignoramus's (did i spell that right???
tounge.gif
) like that.

simple program. If you don't like it..don't use it. If you don't like this site....then you are most likely not of the quality we want around here anyway.

This board has a ton of great folks on it. I'm betting none of them are his "friends". What a dork.

Keep up the good work.

bored yawn read through some of the posts but not many.... I donate twice in a blue moon and if you make money off of it great!!!!!  I just hope the site stays up and we should all help, just some are more generous than others... I am a cheap one though.  great site Cap  
beerchug.gif

Back