Is this the attitude of the members?

Amazing what some people think they should get from coming to our free site. If a newbie or an ol timer doesnt like the way we do things here then dont show up.
firedevil.gif

Well...not that it's worth a whole heck of a lot here...but just to throw in my two cents...

I know that I need this site...if for nothing else...just to talk to Vinny every now and then...that's why I created my profile in the first place!  
tounge.gif

Seriously...I don't get on here much because this is Vinny's place...his escape (Lord knows he needs to escape from me every now and then)...I respect that...but he keeps me updated on everything going on...I couldn't let this thread go.  I am in complete agreement with just about everyone else who has already posted...there's really not much more I can say that hasn't already been said.  Cap...do your thing...make money, don't make money...it's your choice...but I'm pretty sure this site was born out of a passion for something you love, a passion quite obviously shared by many others.  You have an outstanding site with some of the greatest people...whatever it takes, whatever you decide to do...the masses, those who share your passion, they will follow you.  

Ok...so maybe I shared a nickel instead of my two cents.  I just might have to do some Christmas shopping for Vinny on the auction site!  
jump9.gif

Hey Cap this your house, anybody that doesn't like your rules, and the way you run it, don't have to come in.

I for one, have found a home here at this site. A bunch of guys and gals, all with the same interests and that is because of you Cap. It pisses me off that some people can whine and biotch about paying to sell items. If it was not for your website, the few complainers would not have a place to sell their crap in the first place. So don't let this get to you. Most of the guys on this site back you. How many members take advantage of The information we recieve for free about how to maintain, fix, and make our busas better? This inormation is priceless. Keep doing what you are doing to keep this board alive and I for one appreciate everything you are doing. Let the cry babies go somewhere else and whine about someone elses board.

I think the board needs a virtual caning forum...Singapore style!

We could have an animated flash game of a virtual dummy on the screen with that dorks name and every member gets to give 10 lashes with the rattan.
firedevil.gif

It could even be incorporated into a raffle contest...give the lucky lash and you win a free tire or something.

I've been here for over 4 1/2 years now and couldn't begin to tell you how much time and money I've spent on this site. I don't plan on leaving any time soon and as long as you keep it up and running I will continue to support it. I know that the cost have changed over the years but you say it's been up for 7 years. If your average cost is $400 a month then that is $33600. I find it hard to believe that you have made anywhere near that much in donations and sales. The only way this site is going to go away is if you pull the plug.
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
Keep up the good work

If your average cost is $400 a month then that is $33600[/Quote] OK I'm feeling sick and I think I'm gonna puke now... Thanks for adding it all up Jim... Thats 3 busas........

(captain @ Oct. 19 2006,00:27) If your average cost is $400 a month then that is $33600
OK I'm feeling sick and I think I'm gonna puke now... Thanks for adding it all up Jim... Thats 3 busas........[/Quote]
laugh.gif
sorry
tounge.gif

Whoever sent that is an idiot. Why is it that people feel the need to come into someone else's home and re-decorate. This is not Trading Spaces. If you don't like it, don't come here. If you don't want to pay a fee to seel your stuff, don't sell it here. It's really not rocket science.......
That being said, thank you to all who keep this place what it is.

Best run site on the net - hands down. Don't give it a second though Cap. And you moderators - great work. Unfortunately, I use this board way too much. I read this site three or four times a day. Don't know why... but I do. It's a good site and it's run even better.

Stick to your standard - the site will go on for a long time. Drop your standard - it will turn into the same ol crapperware that other sites have.

Way to go Cap and friends. And thanks. I've learned a ton about my bike and much more.

bowdown.gif

P.S. I had no idea how friggin expensive it is to run this site. I'll be kicking in. I owe ya.

(captain @ Oct. 19 2006,07:27) If your average cost is $400 a month then that is $33600
OK I'm feeling sick and I think I'm gonna puke now... Thanks for adding it all up Jim... Thats 3 busas........[/Quote]
Jim's really good at that sorta thing...
tounge.gif

CAp it's your board and you don't have to ask us how you should run it  
wink.gif
 if someone doesn't like it here
then they need to leave  
mad.gif

It is the members that make this forum work...you created it and WE keep it moving
biggrin.gif

I have always thought we should pay monthly or annual dues...seems if you averaged your annual costs, then divided
it by the ACTIVE number of users it wouldn't be that much per member.

I have never sold anything here and only made a few purchases...I can see where the new Auction Site is not as easy
as the sales forums were, but I hope it works out...I think if people would give it a try that it could
wink.gif

Rich

wink.gif

It sounds to me like the PM was sent out as a response to the PM's sent out by professor?

I must be missing something. Because I thought everything was going just fine. I love this pace just like it is.

And as for the money...
I hope you do make a few bucks off the site. After all, it's an endless amount of work to keep all this going, and to be able to keep so many members from self distructing from all the petty arguements...
If I have any say at all...
I say leave things as they are...
It works just fine as it is...

David

No one likes change.

We just did an overhaul on our knowledge base at work... 90% of the people complained about it the first week. Gradually they started to use it, and to appreciate it. 3 months later, only 10% of the people complain about it.

Takes time for people to wrap their heads around new stuff.

Don't worry about it.

Thanks for all your hard work and the mod's hard work too.

So, bottom line is it's fairly safe to say that many here don't feel the way that one member did, sooooo, let's get back to just doing what we do and don't forget why we are all here and what we enjoy about the site...
beerchug.gif

(VaBusa @ Oct. 19 2006,07:31) So, bottom line is it's fairly safe to say that many here don't feel the way that one member did, sooooo, let's get back to just doing what we do and don't forget why we are all here and what we enjoy about the site...  
beerchug.gif
Yeppers...

super.gif

Another reason why I need a dayshift job. I miss all the good stuff!

Cap the site is great. Thank you for it!! I love the auction site. My wife may have some complaints though!

Back