Is this realistic?

Go with the Bosch intank fuel pump mod.
its nice and clean and delivers 180l/min at 3 bar freeflow(tested).

Are you talking about the 330cc pump that rotex did the write up on?

I will be back at the track soon!! I agree that something is not right!! Hope its the shock issue!!

When are you planning on taking it out again?

Parts wont be here till next week and I work that weekend so the weekend after {28th}

Now that it is cooling off and the air is drying up I am thinking about trying for a 9 again. Cooler dryer air seems to make a big differerence. Might be enough to squeeze a 9 out.

Thats what I like to hear!!!

My girl right now!!
image-38.jpg

What was required to get the R1 wheel on there? Is the busa axel diameter correct for it? Did you have to change the brake caliper mount? What about axel spacers, busa,R1? Sorry for all the questions I just have not been able to find much information about the swap.

What was required to get the R1 wheel on there?

Are you wanting to run just the rear or both?

Is the busa axel diameter correct for it?

The rear axle is the same diameter. The front you need a custom billet piece that steve landers at total performance in Pflugerville sells. $160.00

Did you have to change the brake caliper mount?

You have to space the rear caliper over alittle. Using washers between the caliper and the caliper hanger. I did space mine still using the stock caliper brace. You have to wrestling it alittle. It works................... I went ahead and bought a exoticycle rear hanger so I can remove that brace.. But you dont have too..

Exoticycle Motorsports, INC. - Brake Hangar Bracket Gen I Busa Year 99-07 (Powered by CubeCart)

What about axel spacers, busa,R1?

You just use all the spacers that come with a R1 wheel. You will have to replace the sprocket! The factory R1 uses a 520 chain while the busa uses a 530 chain. Plus the stock R1 has a 45 tooth sprocket. Vortex makes R1 sprockets for 530 chain in any tooth you want!! I have a 16/42 setup on mine.

Sorry for all the questions I just have not been able to find much information about the swap.

Yeah no problem!!!

I also did world wide ceramic bearings out back in the R1 wheel. You can get them from schnitz racing for $95.00 {#CB62-282RF}

No sir... I have a 530 chain. The stock R1 chain is a 520 t45 sprocket. I was already running a non-oring 530 chain with a 16/42 setup. I had to order a vortex 530 t42 for the R1 wheel.

R1's use 530 factory chains....

Sounds a little pricey to run R1 wheels, you can get aftermarket for not much more...

The pricing I got from HARDRACING for just the rear marvic magnesium wheel is $1399.00 with standard bearings. Add $150 for ceramic bearings.

I picked up the R1 wheel complete for $229.00 {it had a galfer rotor on it}
rear sprocket................................. $73.00
ceramic bearings............................. $95.00
................................................----------------------------
total.............................................$397.00

I added that new caliper hanger........$104.00 { you dont need it....... its cleaner with my arm}
....................................................-------------------
my total........................................$501.00

If you wanted you could do it much cheaper.. I saw R1 rear wheels for $100-150.00 then add just a sprocket and go. Less then $250.00

If your talking about a set!! The marvic's are $2395.00 with standard bearings.

You can get a complete set of R1 wheels with rotors
and all for..................... $400-500.00 {with tires}
front axle.............................$160.00
rear sprocket.........................$73.00
.........................................-------------------
total.................................... $733.00

you could add
ceramic bearings.....................$395.00
galfer rotors front and rear.........$701.00
rear caliper hanger................. $104.00
..........................................----------------
add ons.................................$1933.00

Front R1 wheel assembly is 2lbs lighter and the rear is 4lbs lighter....

Suzuki
Weight: front: 10.28 lbs.; rear: 16.80 lbs.

Marvic
Weight: front: 7.46 lbs.; rear: 12.16 lbs.

loss..............2.82lbs ; rear; 4.64 lbs

I have seen people sell the marvic wheels used!! usually they are just fronts or they are colors that you would probably have powder coated to match your bike.

Sure, but you're not factoring in time involved with the swap...

Time involved? What time are you reffering too?

who cares about price, they look gay.

Interesting... they look like bst,marvic piuma and a few others for much less. If you dont like that style of wheel then too you its a waste of money.

PLEASE EXCUSE BUSAFTW!! he is someone from a local car site that is here to start drama. BUSAFTW I have already been called about the drama on that forum. NOT ME!! I gave my login out when I bounced from that forum. Since you guys like to hide in Tags I figured they could hide in my login. I congraluted my boy on his pass there only because he posted the video there then bounced... Dont even understand whats in those tags nor do I care...

Time involved? What time are you reffering too?

Interesting... they look like bst,marvic piuma and a few others for much less. If you dont like that style of wheel then too you its a waste of money.

PLEASE EXCUSE BUSAFTW!! he is someone from a local car site that is here to start drama. BUSAFTW I have already been called about the drama on that forum. NOT ME!! I gave my login out when I bounced from that forum. Since you guys like to hide in Tags I figured they could hide in my login. I congrulated my boy on his pass there only because he posted the video there then bounced... Dont even understand whats in those tags...
Ummm.... not sure what you're talking about...??? I think you got the wrong guy.

I've always browsed here, just never registered. Sorry if I got your panties in a bunch for stating my opinion.

Finally!!! I can say enough about Rearick Racing and the Rock Solid clutch!! Thats why I call him the busa god! He set the clutch up and it went 1.50 right off the trailer. And it is sooooo smooth!

I only got 3 passes. This pass i lifted alittle in 1st sitting up to get my feet on the pegs.
image-194.jpg

One I wheelie and bumped the air shifter when at landed at 9k in 1st.

60ft.......1.55
330ft.....4.10
1/8........6.21
1/8mph..115.8
1/4........9.65
1/4mph..141.6

and the other my lens was so fogged up I couldnt see squat!! Shifted at 8500 in 1st.

60ft......1.52
330ft....4.04
1/8.......6.15
1/8mph.115.5
1/4........9.60
1/4mph..140.6

I "think" it has a 9.4x in it. Jason Rearick is gonna tweak the clutch alittle to get 1.46-1.48 out of it!!! Im going back this coming weds for test and tune. After im coming back and installing my muzzy sidewinder and doing a MR12 tune. If I have time Im gonna throw my nitrous kit on..

If you a drag racer!!! I would buy the ROCK SOLID clutch first!!! Its worth every penny!!

Thanks for the advice:thumbsup:

Man those clutches are pricey, but they work well and you have to pay if you want the latest and greatest:beerchug:

Congrats on the times........but I still think something is wrong for that MPH!

Try another track or something...

Back