small air box mod
16/42 sprocket
lowered to the middle hole
strapped
stock tire
clutch mod w/ 3 springs

This is the best run and was made in 95 degree heat
image-130-1-1.jpg

This is where the questions about realistic come in....

Im doing a macintosh swingarm with lower brace {good for 60-64'} but putting it at 62', a drag radial, non-oringed chain and lowering it to the bottom hole.

Is a 9.5x@144-145 realistic?

after that im gonna do marvic piuma wheels {8lb unsprung weight loss},ceramic bearings and galpher wave rotors.

Is a high 9.3x@146-147 realistic?

If not what is realistic?

I went 9.67 on a 60" bike with similar mods. I was about 280 in gear, so I would say yes to all of them depending on your weight and skill

Yep....weight, skill, and weather are key to low times...

I would say you can run 9.6 @ 145mph now with more practice!

With those mods maybe a little faster personally but you'll have to wait until Nov/Dec in Texas... :laugh:

Have a read... ;)

Brock's Slam and prep a BUSA Part 1: Brocks Performance: How to Slam and Prep a 'Busa...

Part 2. Brocks Performance: How to Slam and Prep a 'Busa... Part 2

Crate to 8's: http://www.mpsracing.com/pages/articles/crate.pdf

Damn thats some insane times!!! I dont know if its heat or sea level or just the size of the busa riders here but man I dont see any of them running 9's@140 stock. Most here dyno 150whp stock. And run 11.0's in the low 130's. Its usually very hot here and humid though.

We are fixing to pick up a bone stock 05 LE for a good friend of mine. He wants to lower it. I would like to strap it and clutch mod it then track it.

Ordered the chain and drag radial. and my new to me TRAC extended swingarm. thats adjustable {60-64'}
image-152.jpg

yes if you get your 60ft down to a 1.59-1.60 range you will go high 9.70s to low 9.80s now. i have been 9.77@144 swb 2down frt sprocket stock rear sprocket, lowered & strapped, clutch mod, small airbox mod,no air filter,yosh full system, mapped with yosh box, with u4 fuel when i weighed 240lbs. motor was stock and had never been to a dyno back in 04.

Damn thats some insane times!!! I dont know if its heat or sea level or just the size of the busa riders here but man I dont see any of them running 9's@140 stock. Most here dyno 150whp stock. And run 11.0's in the low 130's. Its usually very hot here and humid though.

We are fixing to pick up a bone stock 05 LE for a good friend of mine. He wants to lower it. I would like to strap it and clutch mod it then track it.

Even with the heat they should be low-10's. It just takes more practice...

Have you had your bike tuned? I would take it up to Johnny Cheese in Round Rock. You could also have him tune it on MR12 gas while you are there... :beerchug:

yes if you get your 60ft down to a 1.59-1.60 range you will go high 9.70s to low 9.80s now. i have been 9.77@144 swb 2down frt sprocket stock rear sprocket, lowered & strapped, clutch mod, small airbox mod,no air filter,yosh full system, mapped with yosh box, with u4 fuel when i weighed 240lbs. motor was stock and had never been to a dyno back in 04.

It was mapped for the big bird only. It has not been remapped since. I recieved the buell pegs yesterday. Im gonna throw them on and go back to the track friday night. Hopefully I have better luck geting my feet on the pegs with my leathers on!!!

Even with the heat they should be low-10's. It just takes more practice...

Im gonna ride that 05 LE and give it the ole college try!! That would be sick!!

I would take it up to Johnny Cheese in Round Rock.

One of my best friends has been tuning Busas for awhile. He just purchased a brand new 200i dynojet. He will get it all setup in the next few weeks and we will get her tuned up.

You could also have him tune it on MR12 gas while you are there... :beerchug:

whats the typical gain with MR12?

It was mapped for the big bird only. It has not been remapped since. I recieved the buell pegs yesterday. Im gonna throw them on and go back to the track friday night. Hopefully I have better luck geting my feet on the pegs with my leathers on!!!

whats the typical gain with MR12?

If it hasn't been tuned by a good tuner since the airbox, changes, etc...that could be why your MPH is way down. Have it checked out.

What kind of numbers did it make?

4-6+whp IF TUNED for the gas... ;)

If it hasn't been tuned by a good tuner since the airbox, changes, etc...that could be why your MPH is way down. Have it checked out.

What kind of numbers did it make?

The orignal owner had the PC3R and the big bird installed and tuned. It made 169/101 in 04. After I bought it I did the small air box mod and had it dynoed at the same place on the same dyno. It made 163/94 and Johnny said that the map was lean. Was not enough to hurt anything. He didnt have time to mess with the map. I did not know that 93 is a no no in hayabusas. He said that alone was probably 3-4whp loss. It was about 20 degrees hotter outside from when it dynoed before as well.

4-6+whp IF TUNED for the gas... ;)

et?

Major excited!!!

Dont know where I saw it on here but someone gave me the idea to get a steel rod and run it threw the swingarm hole to hold the bike up while I removed everything. Made things much easier!!!
image-157.jpg

also read this on here as well....life saver!!! home depot $1.47!!
Axle20Swingarm.jpg

I could not get the lower swingarm bearings out so I had to order some. So its not finished yet but here are some teasers.
image-155.jpg

image-156.jpg

image-158.jpg

Looks good! :thumbsup:

You might want to get a lower/cut seat also and check your shock so you don't take out your fender/tail on the first hard launch... ;)

So how did you run? You'll probably have to learn how to launch all over again with that swing-arm... :laugh:

Ok, I will have to try that :) I know my wallet will love it better.

There is a station close by that has 91 non ethenol gas, would that be any better?

Yes it is :thumbsup:
only seat time helps :whistle:
about 710lbs
17-44
shinko
4"stretched
perfect weather conditions
small airbox mod, Akra 4-1, yoshbox dynoed. boostbysmith quickshifter and shiftlight
engine never open

228644d1312820931-ones-weaker-self-launching-best-test-961.jpg

You ever start something simple and BAM!!! Your like Im gonna do this and this and this!!

The plan was to put the:
Swing arm
non-oringed chain
Drag radial
New chain guard
Buell pegs

Ended up ordering

Ceramic wheel bearings
Schintz cush driver dampers
New swing arm bearings
Galfer Wave rotors
Galfer HH front pads
Galfer GG rear pads
Galfer front and rear SS brake lines
Clutch slave brace
PMR kill switch
Raptor shift light
Triple Tree
Chazzos levers

Its not all done yet!! Her she is last night at 63'.
image-166.jpg

Back