is this normal (very faint sputtering)

TonyMastodon

Big Blue Burrito!
Registered
Holding steady at 3k rpm... 1st gear (or 2nd) .. 0-25mph.. the bike feels like its giving me a verrrrrry faint sputter.

All i have is full exhaust and a remap....

I was thinking maybe im just at a spot in the power band that the bike doesn't like??

well I would first do the basics... check the throttle body sync, air filter, spark plug age and eliminate those as possible issues..

A dyno and a gas analyzer would be the best check to see where the fuel mixture is..

if need be, put a couple ticks on the duty cycle to fatten it up..

Alternately, you need to first determine where the throttle setting is (in %) , get the correct RPM and then open the existing map up to make the change (ONLY 1 at a time and record exactly what you did) , go ride and see if you got it.. *may take a few outings to hit it. This is sort of a sketchy way to go.. best to have a tuner make these changes unless you have a good idea of what you are doing..

might be worth a try... follow the instructions... doubling or triple dosing does not work.. Techron cleaner is fine..

Oh I might add that the additive usually treats about 15 gallons of fuel or so? well you need to use the container but spread it out over the right number of fill ups..

Keep in mind most cars have 15G or larger tanks and the solution is made to work over that volume of fuel.. sort of a hassle but worth it..

Last edited:
i have a sputter like that on my bike only it is in every gear and only when i am at a steady speed. all i did was change my spark plugs on my 03 busa

To the OP, is this a new problem, or something that's always been there. Cause I have a suspicion that it's probably you feeling the slack in the chain at those speeds.

Back