Is this a possibility?

kingsolomon12

Registered
Ok I am planning on purchasing a new Busa in the next few months (when I move over to the USA). Thing is as I will be buying new I would want an 04 vehicle but even though were buying the bike firstly for performance then looks/asthetics I really dont like the color option for the 04's, the new ann. red included. My question is this, are the farings/all body panels the same on the 03's as the 04's as I like the 03 color options so if I were to buy new maybe the dealer could order me all the 03 body panels in the color I want (probably gray/silver or black/gray) send my new pannels back and just charge me for the shipping costs - I am sure Suzuki NA would be ok with this as they arnt loosing and cash. So my question is are the panels the same 03 and 04 and secondly do u think they will be able to do as I have suggested. As there are no real mechanical diffs between 03 and 04 (or are there) I'd consider to just get an 03 but by the time I am looking to buy I doubt I'll be able to find an 03 new in the color I want.
Thanks for any info,
MarK.
smile.gif

p.s. would also consider an 03 40 ann. but once again doubt I'll be able to find one new when I am looking to purchase.

p.s. would also consider an 03 40 ann. but once again doubt I'll be able to find one new when I am looking to purchase.
i don't know about that the dealership i bought mine from got 2 40th ann. i bought the first one and the second one is still sitting in the showroom floor for the past 9 months waiting for a new home

Ye I have seen some new 03's too as well as new 40AE its just I wont be buying for another 6 months or so, so I doubt they'll still be around when I am ready to buy so was looking at my options. Ideally I think I'd like the 40AE - I think it looks amazing, failing that I like the black & silver 03 color scheme. Maybe will wait and hope there is still a new 40AE for sale when I am ready to buy but if not I'd still be interested in an immaculate low milage example 40AE. I think this is my best bet, damn if only I was already in the USA I would be straight to the dealer "where do I sign for the 40AE" - cant stress what a stunner that bike is, I think I am in love
smile.gif

MarK.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Keep coming to the board. I'm realtively new but they seem to be a tight knit group. You never know someone here might be able to help you find some body panels in your favorite color! Besides if you buy a black/purple one I just might be willing to trade my silver/gray body parts. Anyway the point is welcome to the board and these guys and gals seem to be the best resource around for fellow Busa owners!

Keep coming to the board. I'm realtively new but they seem to be a tight knit group. You never know someone here might be able to help you find some body panels in your favorite color! Besides if you buy a black/purple one I just might be willing to trade my silver/gray body parts. Anyway the point is welcome to the board and these guys and gals seem to be the best resource around for fellow Busa owners!
Ha ha ye thanks man that might be an option
smile.gif
. Couldnt agree more checked out 3 Hayabusa forums, needless to say this one looked by far the best in terms of people in the know so I'll be staying here.
Thanks,
MarK.
smile.gif

p.s. I think I have decided that I really want the 03 40th Ann. Edtn. Busa - man it looks amazing...

smile.gif

Keep looking around when you get back. You should be able to find a left over 03 if that's the color you want. Heck you can still find 01 & 02 left overs if you want one of them. Only bad part is you are buying a new bike that will drop in price twice as bad when you leave the lot.

As far as Suzuki swapping plastics, it isn't going to happen. You are better off just buying an 04 and then buying 03 plastics and selling the 04 plastics(same)!

Like BusaKenVa said, I am sure there will be more then enough people willing to trade you 03 plastics for the 04 color scheme. Lots of people like the Blk/Prple and Blu/Slvr! If all else fails, you should be able to sell the 04 plastics easy on here or EBAY!

Welcome and post pics when you buy one.
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif

Keep looking around when you get back.  You should be able to find a left over 03 if that's the color you want.  Heck you can still find 01 & 02 left overs if you want one of them.  Only bad part is you are buying a new bike that will drop in price twice as bad when you leave the lot.  

As far as Suzuki swapping plastics, it isn't going to happen.  You are better off just buying an 04 and then buying 03 plastics and selling the 04 plastics(same)!  

Like BusaKenVa said, I am sure there will be more then enough people willing to trade you 03 plastics for the 04 color scheme.  Lots of people like the Blk/Prple and Blu/Slvr!  If all else fails, you should be able to sell the 04 plastics easy on here or EBAY!

Welcome and post pics when you buy one.
wink.gif

Josh
blues.gif
Cool thanks man I think your probably right in regards to the swapping of the body panels. The 2004's are deffo exactly the same as the 03's right in relation to "body parts"? Also how much would a full set cost me roughly, painted from Suzuki in either siler/gray, or black/silver?
Thanks again,
MarK.
smile.gif

p.s. This is a pic of my baby here in the UK - a Honda Civic Type R - 2ltr 200bhp - pretty damn quick but not busa quick
smile.gif
0-60mph in 6.2, 0-100mph in around 15 and top speed of 146mph.
For any of u who like the car check out my feature over here where there are more pics and tell me what u think of my 4 wheel baby
smile.gif
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/jan04feat.htm

<!--EDIT|kingsolomon12
Reason for Edit: "more info added..."|1077458575 -->

Baby_Side.jpg

smile.gif

smile.gif

New plastics and tank to match, you are looking at probably $3,000+ from Suzuki. You are better off finding someone to swap you or find some used take off plastic on EBAY or the FOR SALE section!

The Black and Purple is schweet!!!

King S<span style='color:orangered'></span>, If you want to find prices for a complete set of plastics check out They have a complete OEM part lookup and purchasing available.  BUT, Them Plastics are going to be pricey, so I am thinking finding some in good shape off of Ebay might be the way to go, just be careful.

Black Mamba Motorcycle GIF by Moore Mafia

Two decades in the makings *

Last edited:
View attachment 1678800
Two decades in the makings *
Well done in dredging this up Red....especially seeing as the OP is finally on a Busa again.....

Back