Is this a good price for tires?

84Ninja

Registered
Hi Guys, I was quoted $240 for a set of tires for the Busa, including shipping. Is this a fair price and a decent tire?
I also found a set of Pilot Powers for $288 shipped. Is this Ok too? Thanks if you can help,

Kurt

Some folks, myself included have had a problem with very fast wear on the BT-021 fronts. Rear is like a normal ST tire but the fronts are completely shot by 5000 miles. No "2 rears for every front" with these. Lucky if the front lasts as long as the first rear.

LE- that's good to hear. thanks
smile.gif

Tom- Thanks for the heads-up. Are you an aggressive rider maybe?

Some folks, myself included have had a problem with very fast wear on the BT-021 fronts. Rear is like a normal ST tire but the fronts are completely shot by 5000 miles. No "2 rears for every front" with these. Lucky if the front lasts as long as the first rear.
+1

Tom- Thanks for the heads-up.  Are you an aggressive rider maybe?
Well, somewhat
whistling.gif
. My front is on the wear bars on both sides at 3000 miles. Middle is doing good though so if you do a lot of super slab type commuting they should work pretty good. At $240 a pair it'd be hard to go wrong anyway.
ThumbsUp.gif

Thanks again everyone
beerchug.gif
. I am a conservative rider and like to go straight. Should I spend an extra $48 and get the Pilot Powers for $288? Thanks again

Thanks again everyone
beerchug.gif
. I am a conservative rider and like to go straight. Should I spend an extra $48 and get the Pilot Powers for $288? Thanks again
If you like throwing money away, go ahead.

If you are riding mostly commuting (read: straight line), the BT021 will serve you better and will last longer.

Back