Is this a good deal on a 2006 Hayabusa?

Boyer

Registered
A family member would like to sell me his 2006/2007 (Manufactor date is 6/06)Hayabusa. It is Blue and Grey. It has under a 1K miles. It has some cosmetic scratches, and he laid it down inside his garage. It seems to be in good working order except that it dies when you idle. You have to keep that chock lever by your left hand all the way down, so that it could idle at 1K or it will die when you are down shifting. Also, the temperature gauge is always at the bottom. I suspect that it is broken. My questions are 1) is this a good buy at $6,500.00. The bike is located in South Texas. 2) is this idling problem, and temperature gauge expensive to fix. What do you think is wrong with it?

:welcome: Boyer. The fact it only has 1k miles is sweet. The idling issue is something of a concern. But some experienced GenI owners should be able to help you out in more detail.

Good luck!

buying from family members kind of sucks.

then when something goes wrong your relationship goes sour.

DECENT deal on the bike but I would keep looking

blue/gray is an 06.

It might just need the idle adjusted or worse need to be sync'd.

If is has that low of miles, it may have sat with bad gas and need cleaning as well.

You could just keep bumping this thread when it gets low on the list till you get an answer...price is kinda high to me for the problems, considering it could be masking something more sinister...you can get a good seasoned bike for 6G's with some decent mods, good strong runner etc..but at 1000 miles..yeah you wont find much of that..remember that NOT running a bike for long periods can bring its own set of headaches..

Good luck and:welcome:

Agree,with body damage and unknown mech. issue 6,000$ would be tops I would go.Low miles is not always a good thing,history? as in oil changes(hopefully had 1 at least),sitting un-ridden,battery,,etc.
5,500$ and fix it up.:thumbsup:

Agree,with body damage and unknown mech. issue 6,000$ would be tops I would go.Low miles is not always a good thing,history? as in oil changes(hopefully had 1 at least),sitting un-ridden,battery,,etc.
5,500$ and fix it up.:thumbsup:

Yeah....that sounds about right. That way you've left yourself a grand cusion for any serious mechanical issues that might come up. If it's minor (just needs a tune-up, throttle sych) then you can dump the rest into mods :laugh:

$5,000. Idle issue is idle screw setting and synch-related. Body parts aren't cheap. Gauge might just be a wire in the connector.....family deal ????......should sell to you for $5,000, but don't B!TCH at them from here on out..... :oldcool: Low miles.....nice.

Low mileage and running good is the ultimate deal...but low mileage and running probs can mean bad gas plugging things up from lots of sitting. And you have to add in the factor of the plastics needing to be replaced, or if you can live with'em :laugh: And you def need a working temp gauge :thumbsup:
If it just neeeds the idle turned up and runs good otherwise, and the scratches are minimal...and you can get the price down alittle, it could be a good deal :beerchug:

Back