is this a gimmik?

c'mon guys...show a little kindness.

without certain people..there wouldn't be a 'shallow-end' in the gene pool.
beerchug.gif

(bigjohn141 @ Oct. 17 2006,05:21)
(JINKSTER @ Oct. 16 2006,21:07) actually?...this PE Unit sends a false "intake air temp" signal to your ecu...telling it that the air temp is higher than it truely is...which the ecu reads a...

"less oxygen ='s less fuel"

which "leans out" the air:fuel ratio.....whichs simply means that if your busa is now sporting a tuned PC?...it will require a re-mapping to add fuel which the PE chip just took away...this is hilarious!
laugh.gif

and while you're at it?...might i suggest you go ahead and order up some engine ice and/or water wetter to deal with the increased heat of your PE chipped leaned out engine?
laugh.gif
ya know...so ya don't toast any valves or anything?...as surely the folks at precision engineering will blame your PC and the folks at PC will rightfully blame PE.
laugh.gif

oh well...best advice?....hang the damn thing on your toolbox with a sticky "note to self" of....

"Next Time Use The Search Button"

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I really hate to say it but this thing might actually work. I think Bill has the right idea but only backwords. As we all know, the intake air temp (IAT) sensor isnt exactly in the best place to get a good reading. The sensor itself can suffer what is called "heat soak" which is basically the sensor reading a higher IAT from engine heat actually heating the sensor. The effect of the "heat soak" is the ecu changing the fuel and the timing which will actually result in a loss of a lot of power. Ever notice how when you first start your bike, or even your car for that matter, it seams to run really good at first? So if this thing will send a false signal to the ecu telling it that the air is colder or at least closer to the correct temp, this could possibly add power or at least keep you from losing it. Good luck with it and post up the numbers from the dyno when you get a chance, I am interested to see if its going to make a difference.

P.S.  Also like Bill said, keep an eye on everything cause I would hate to see a $34 part blow a couple thousand dollar engine from running it way to lean.
It doesn't "LEAN" anything out.

A trick some Camaro people figured out years ago was to install a resistor in place of the thermister (IAT). The ohms value of that resistor was equal to what the thermistor would produce during 10º ambient temperature.
The resistor doesn't change value and keeps the ECU thinking it has 10º air coming in through the intake. If it's 80º outside the car is going to run richer. As legend has it, if you put a higher flow air filter on the 'ol trailer park special with that resistor you would get more HP.

In reality you soot things up fast, get a drop in gas mileage and don't pass the emission test. All it does is throw off your 14.7 to 1 fuel mixture.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back