is this a gimmik?

(dkariores @ Oct. 16 2006,14:12) oh man oh man..

well i guess i will learn a 34.95 lesson... i guess even if i get 2 or 3 hp its cheaper than the 2k i spent on getting the exhaust power commander and air filter and tre...to gain 18 hp...
actually?...this PE Unit sends a false "intake air temp" signal to your ecu...telling it that the air temp is higher than it truely is...which the ecu reads a...

"less oxygen ='s less fuel"

which "leans out" the air:fuel ratio.....whichs simply means that if your busa is now sporting a tuned PC?...it will require a re-mapping to add fuel which the PE chip just took away...this is hilarious!
laugh.gif

and wjhile you're at it?...might i suggest you go ahead and order up some engine ice and/or water wetter to deal with the increased heat of your PE chipped leaned out engine?
laugh.gif
ya know...so ya don't toast any valves or anything?...as surely the folks at precision engineering will blame your PC and the folks at PC will rightfully blame PE.
laugh.gif

oh well...best advice?....hang the damn thing on your toolbox with a sticky "note to self" of....

"Next Time Use The Search Button"

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Oct. 16 2006,22:07)
(dkariores @ Oct. 16 2006,14:12) oh man oh man..

well i guess i will learn a 34.95 lesson... i guess even if i get 2 or 3 hp its cheaper than the 2k i spent on getting the exhaust power commander and air filter and tre...to gain 18 hp...
actually?...this PE Unit sends a false "intake air temp" signal to your ecu...telling it that the air temp is higher than it truely is...which the ecu reads a...

which "leans out" the air:fuel ratio.....whichs simply means that if your busa is now sporting a tuned PC?...it will require a re-mapping to add fuel which the PE chip just took away...this is hilarious!
laugh.gif

and wjhile you're at it?...might i suggest you go ahead and order up some engine ice and/or water wetter to deal with the increased heat of your PE chipped leaned out engine?
laugh.gif
ya know...so ya don't toast any valves or anything?...as surely the folks at precision engineering will blame your PC and the folks at PC will rightfully blame PE.
laugh.gif

oh well...best advice?....hang the damn thing on your toolbox with a sticky "note to self" of....

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
Probably the most USEFUL reply in this entire thread. Nice work Bill ;) He now knows WHY the device in question will not function as described. Actually armed with that info and the dyno runs he SHOULD be able to get his money back. Simply provide test results and offer to post results on the guys feedback for all to see!

DK There is a WEALTH of info available here. Perhaps next time you'll search or ask before you buy. The $34 wasted there would have purchased enough Engine Ice to keep your scoot cool and happy all summer long. OR a nice synthetic based oil change to say "Thank you sweetie for being fast enough to reverse the rotation of the earth!"
Ride safe, play smart!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Oh, By the way, You paid over $500 too much for your mods to date. Lots of vendors on the ORG that are happy to save you money and more importantly give you your moneys worth! i know, I've used a LOT of them ;)

Well when I look at the add the first thing that catches my eye is:

88-06 Suzuki Hayabusa

Part # PE4390

Did they really start making Hayabusa's in 88?

As long as you threw yourself on the grenade, try the chip out and when you realize it did nothing for you leave a negative feed back so no one else will get screwed

yeah i will for sure do the negative feed back thing if they dont offer to refund my money if it does not work,

I would have known what to look for in a search tab i dont know what key word this would have been to look fo such a thing, atleast new members are reading this and learning from my mistakes, i figure its worth a try.

I am not sure i spent quite 2k on the mods, $787 for exhaust $245 for the pc3usb and $60 for the filter and $50 for the tre, $32 for the links to lower, i guess i was exagerating a bit when i said that, very sorry for that. I "supposably purchased" the best of everything I could by............ including 2 06 hayabusas.....

I already have water wetter in the bike... and synthetic oil too

and can you blame a guy for trying a gadget, its only 35 dollars

and where can i get some of that synthetic blinker fluid that stuff looks like it will work great.

(dkariores @ Oct. 16 2006,23:27)
yeah i will for sure do the negative feed back thing if they dont offer to refund my money if it does not work,

Please do so that others may learn up front. Of course you must be ready to receive BS feedback in return when you let the cat out of the bag

I would have known what to look for in a search tab i dont know what key word this would have been to look fo such a thing, atleast new members are reading this and learning from my mistakes, i figure its worth a try.

Absolutely!

I am not sure i spent quite 2k on the mods, $787 for exhaust $245 for the pc3usb and $60 for the filter and $50 for the tre, $32 for the links to lower, i guess i was exagerating a bit when i said that, very sorry for that.

not a problem. I was concerned the local speed shop guy was taking advantage of you and wanted to raise your awareness. No apology necessary, but thank you for offering one.

I "supposably purchased" the best of everything I could by............ including 2 06 hayabusas.....

When you got the Busa's you indeed got the cream of the crop!

I already have water wetter in the bike... and synthetic oil too

Good move! I assume you waited a few 1000 miles before the synthetic swap?

and can you blame a guy for trying a gadget, its only 35 dollars

Nope, not at all! Been guilty of the same thing with way bigger numbers on other things!!

and where can i get some of that synthetic blinker fluid that stuff looks like it will work great.

Pretty sure kswaterbug is gonna ORGanizea group buy on that stuff ;) I'm getting 4 bottles so I'll lways have enough!

i actually did a 50/50 synthetic mix for the second 600 miles, then 75/25 for 600 then full synthetic, and it was broken in on a dyno not waited till the 1k miles...

so thats my bad for not askinf first, but oh well atleast it wasnt 3500 dollars for a bull **** turbo that never works right

thanks everyone for your input

(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 16 2006,19:57) I have a few extra bottles I was thinking about putting out on the Auction Site.  But maybe we can make a deal...
Um, question:
If I have conventional blinker fluid now - and I switch to synthetic, can I change back to conventional or will my blinkers leak?
And If I overfill the reservoir, will it affect my blinker rate?

rock.gif

(JINKSTER @ Oct. 16 2006,21:07) actually?...this PE Unit sends a false "intake air temp" signal to your ecu...telling it that the air temp is higher than it truely is...which the ecu reads a...

laugh.gif

and while you're at it?...might i suggest you go ahead and order up some engine ice and/or water wetter to deal with the increased heat of your PE chipped leaned out engine?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I really hate to say it but this thing might actually work. I think Bill has the right idea but only backwords. As we all know, the intake air temp (IAT) sensor isnt exactly in the best place to get a good reading. The sensor itself can suffer what is called "heat soak" which is basically the sensor reading a higher IAT from engine heat actually heating the sensor. The effect of the "heat soak" is the ecu changing the fuel and the timing which will actually result in a loss of a lot of power. Ever notice how when you first start your bike, or even your car for that matter, it seams to run really good at first? So if this thing will send a false signal to the ecu telling it that the air is colder or at least closer to the correct temp, this could possibly add power or at least keep you from losing it. Good luck with it and post up the numbers from the dyno when you get a chance, I am interested to see if its going to make a difference.

P.S. Also like Bill said, keep an eye on everything cause I would hate to see a $34 part blow a couple thousand dollar engine from running it way to lean.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(guido4512 @ Oct. 17 2006,05:18)
(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 16 2006,19:57) I have a few extra bottles I was thinking about putting out on the Auction Site.  But maybe we can make a deal...
Um, question:
If I have conventional blinker fluid now - and I switch to synthetic, can I change back to conventional or will my blinkers leak?

rock.gif
It will void your warranty!

(guido4512 @ Oct. 17 2006,08:18)
Um, question:

rock.gif
You will have to change the bulbs when you do the switch. I learned the hardway.

Sorry for the spam. Just couldn't resist the sarcastic comment.
biggrin.gif

(hayabusa626 @ Oct. 17 2006,09:06)
(guido4512 @ Oct. 17 2006,08:18)
Um, question:

rock.gif
You will have to change the bulbs when you do the switch.  I learned the hardway.
actually, there is a blinkers Should Have Indicated Direction (SHID) conversion unit for only $136 so you don't have to change your bulbs

Some of his negative feedback:
- do not buy not made percar this is a diode and can cause over heating damage
- DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK THE CHIPS ARE FAKE BAD SELLER STAY AWAY
- didnt really notice all that much of a difference
- cheapest mod ever, cheap construction too, unfortunatly, mine burnt up FAST.
- this item doesn't work at all. very desappointed.
- I asked for the right chip, but it did not help my 1998 Chevy Geo Metro at all
- 20 horse power didnt notice a difference
- THE CHIP NEVER WORKS AND DAMAGE MY FLOW METER BUT I RECEIVED A GREAT SERVICE
- I did not notice any performance gains. Not clear instructions. No tech support
- product was what it was, no noticable improvement whatever
- Did not work at all. Not a recommended item
- the product doesnt make a difference on my 96 chevy Z71 its hooked up correctly
- quick shipping, product makes check engine light come on, not much HP gain
- Doesn't work. Nothing sophisticated. Just a potentiometer cost $2 at radioshack
-  Follow-up by psu23525: chip module is a scam. will not work. Dont be a victim. many buyers claim same
- A total waste of money! cant believe i tried this! can you say scam! want refund

Not sure if this link will work:
His Feedback

about 7-8 months ago , same topic opened by someone else ... As i said that time , a friend of mine got this device , no performance difference ...

(thrasherfox @ Oct. 16 2006,22:25) Well when I look at the add the first thing that catches my eye is:

88-06 Suzuki Hayabusa

Part # PE4390

Did they really start making Hayabusa's in 88?

As long as you threw yourself on the grenade, try the chip out and when you realize it did nothing for you leave a negative feed back so no one else will get screwed
Thats the first thing that came to mind for me.

Back