Is this a bad price?

generalchaos

Registered
well suzuki.com msrp's the busa for about 11k, I was lookin around dealers and they had a nice silver/black one and I guess all they had done to it was they chrome dipped the rims, which looked nice by the way, and polished it up.....no big deal in my opinion because I can shine her up myself.....asked how much they wanted cuz I was bsin with the guy for a while and he said they were askin 12,500 or something....I dont know if chrome dipping is worth that much or not, but if I was buyin cash you think maybe I should try to talk him down some if I choose to buy it?

well suzuki.com msrp's the busa for about 11k, I was lookin around dealers and they had a nice silver/black one and I guess all they had done to it was they chrome dipped the rims, which looked nice by the way, and polished it up.....no big deal in my opinion because I can shine her up myself.....asked how much they wanted cuz I was bsin with the guy for a while and he said they were askin 12,500 or something....I dont know if chrome dipping is worth that much or not, but if I was buyin cash you think maybe I should try to talk him down some if I choose to buy it?
Wha? Dealer chromed wheels? Something doesn't sound right. Price is way off, especially if it is someone elses project bike... That's just strange.

You should get more responses on good prices though. I would say anywhere between 10.5 and 11K Out The Door. I mean including everything, Tax, Tags, Title, Dealer Prep, etc.
I would also find out more about the work done on this bike and whether or not it is new or used...

yea first thing I said when I was sitting on it was "is this thing used?" and he said no its new, I asked because it had a inspection tag thingy saying it was fine, probly because they chromed them. They were chromed because I noticed that they now have a rim and tire shop connected to them, so they probably did it.

It was a honda dealership but he said they have been experimenting with other stock, and said everytime they get a busa theygenerally do a few things to it and it goes out the door fast.

Anyone else got some opinions on this? I think if I decide on it im gonna reason with him because I am paying cash, I should get a few bucks off, and maybe some free gear in there, specially if its 12,500. Id sure like to get a $500 arai helmet for free
smile.gif

yea first thing I said when I was sitting on it was "is this thing used?" and he said no its new, I asked because it had a inspection tag thingy saying it was fine, probly because they chromed them. They were chromed because I noticed that they now have a rim and tire shop connected to them, so they probably did it.

It was a honda dealership but he said they have been experimenting with other stock, and said everytime they get a busa theygenerally do a few things to it and it goes out the door fast.

Anyone else got some opinions on this? I think if I decide on it im gonna reason with him because I am paying cash, I should get a few bucks off, and maybe some free gear in there, specially if its 12,500. Id sure like to get a $500 arai helmet for free
smile.gif
Dude, My only thought is that you are going to pay $12.5K for a bike the dealer pays about $9200 for...Doesn't make sense.  Find a stock Busa new from a dealer for about $10.5 OTD then take the extra money and buy some sweet, performance Machine or OZ wheels...Look better and these would actually work better as well...

There are folks here that have walked out the door on there new Busa's for less than 10K OTD...

Revlis is right...Don't get taken my the dealer mods...Alot of dealers are doing that now...Spicing the bike up and the price...Chrome rims swapped out shouldn't cost more than $600...Polished frame and swingarm nothing but time and material...So if you take a price of $9200 then figure in tax and license everything else is profit off the cosmetics...Don't get caught with that trickery...

2002 le black busa. 10200 out the door with a free helmet and some gloves, first service free also
dont get caught on that hook. i know its hard but walk away and find another one or tell him match someone elses price or you will walk. if he doesnt leave your number, and walk. they will call in a week or two I PROMISE

Always try to talk the guy down. I'm sure you could get some off of that price, but it sounds like they might be a bit on the unreasonable side and not deal because of that high price. I'm with the others, buy a stock bike and customize it the way you want to do it, not the dealers.

ok thanks guys, ill go check the suzuki place I used to work at even tho id rather not buy from there, I suppose the one dude who was cool to me could use some commission if he gets any, ill just have to see what they want since I never asked....maybe theyll cut me a deal since they know me.

Back