Is there anything like the "Silver State Challenge" that bikes can attend?

MONSTRBUSA

Registered
The Silver State Challenge would be a blast in a car/truck, but now that my Vette is gone I would like to do something like that on the Busa. Does anyone know of an event that allows bikes?

For those not familiar with the Silver State Challenge here is a brief description.
The Nevada Highway 318 events are identical, differing only in the time of year. They begin just South of Lund, at White Pine County just north of mile marker 9, head South through Nye County, and finish at Lincoln County mile marker 7. The journey traverses 90 miles of two lane highway which has recently been repaved and is in excellent condition, with long straights, twisty sections, and dips, which for the faster participants, may result in an airborne experience. Entrants receive a set of Course Notes and a video tape to help them prepare for the event. The cars are run in classes at five mile per hour increments, from 95 mph to 180 mph, with the class determined by the vehicle's safety equipment, the driver's experience level and the driver/navigator comfort level. There is also an Unlimited Division for very experienced drivers with full race-equipped cars. Vehicles are started at one minute intervals and 30 second intervals, beginning with the 150 mph class and working back to the 95 mph class. Once the last 95 mph class vehicle clears the course, the Unlimited Division and the higher speed brackets over 150 are run as the final group.

Yea, the Isle of Man TT... but I've never heard of anything like that for bikes stateside. It soesn't sound as fun as a track day imo.

Was considering doing it a few years back in my camaro but never got around to it. When I found out it was more about hitting your target average speed I became less enthused.

Call Silver State and ask.....I believe a BUSA ran once in the early days but he was the only one to race since. Check it out, sounds like fun!

Yea, the Isle of Man TT... but I've never heard of anything like that for bikes stateside. It soesn't sound as fun as a track day imo.

Was considering doing it a few years back in my camaro but never got around to it. When I found out it was more about hitting your target average speed I became less enthused.

+1 Track day

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The silver state challenge also has a rule that anyone given a speeding ticket on that road 30 days prior to the event will not be allowed to run the event.

Back