Is the latest Hayabusa still restricted?

marcaztls

Registered
Hey guys, I'm after a bit of information please.

I have a 2012 'Bus that as of right now is completely stock.

My aim is to get a genuine 200mph using just bolt ons and no nitrous.

I've just datalogged the bike as standard and it hit a best peak of 191.81mph. This was backed up with five runs all showing within 2mph of that peak.

It was my understanding that the latest bikes were still restricted to a limit of 186mph. Is that right? Granted this is the highest top speed I've had out of any model 'Bus, so just wanted to know if others out there had experienced similar results as standard, on any model but especially the latest.

Tailwind was minimal if indeed any, and no modifications to the bike were made at all aside from fitting the Suzuki seat hump.

Thanks very much in advance.

Welcome to the org. It is my understanding all model years after 2000 are restricted. On your K12, an ecu flash will remove it.

Welcome to the org. It is my understanding all model years after 2000 are restricted. On your K12, an ecu flash will remove it.

Thanks for the welcome, appreciated.

Yep, that was how I saw it too, but a genuine smidge under 192mph is quite a way off 186mph so I've yet to figure out what's occuring unless it's a glitch in the Matrix...

I've got a Healtech X-TRE to put on along with a full single can Akra, K&N, PCV and SFM and a quickshifter.

I'll be looking into the ECU flash though for it's other possibilities so thanks very much for the tip.

It just made 178bhp on a Dynojet 250i which also surprised me a little especially given the top speed.

Yes and you can remove it with the ECU Editor. We did mine and you can tell the difference. Where are you located? :welcome::welcome:

Hey guys, I'm after a bit of information please.

I have a 2012 'Bus that as of right now is completely stock.

My aim is to get a genuine 200mph using just bolt ons and no nitrous.

I've just datalogged the bike as standard and it hit a best peak of 191.81mph. This was backed up with five runs all showing within 2mph of that peak.

It was my understanding that the latest bikes were still restricted to a limit of 186mph. Is that right? Granted this is the highest top speed I've had out of any model 'Bus, so just wanted to know if others out there had experienced similar results as standard, on any model but especially the latest.

Tailwind was minimal if indeed any, and no modifications to the bike were made at all aside from fitting the Suzuki seat hump.

Thanks very much in advance.

This speed was measured how? GPS,Radar,? If your going by the odometer your results are a bit off.

Is data logged off of the ECU accurate? If the ECU records data off of a speed sensor isnt that the same date that goes to the speedometer? I think you would need an external GPS fix for an accurate speed reading.

Thanks for the welcome, appreciated.

Yep, that was how I saw it too, but a genuine smidge under 192mph is quite a way off 186mph so I've yet to figure out what's occuring unless it's a glitch in the Matrix...

I've got a Healtech X-TRE to put on along with a full single can Akra, K&N, PCV and SFM and a quickshifter.

I'll be looking into the ECU flash though for it's other possibilities so thanks very much for the tip.

It just made 178bhp on a Dynojet 250i which also surprised me a little especially given the top speed.

No offense meant, but you were probably going much slower than indicated. You oem speedo is about 7% off. That equates to about 13mph at that speed, so you were most likely (unless you have a speedo healer) doing somewhere in the 178 to 180 range.

Gotta agree with every1, very doubtful you did that speed especially without a TRE or an ECU flash. Its possible to hit the coveted 200mph but it takes some work

How much do you weigh??? There are some things you can do to reduce drag. There is a member here I believe that did get to 200 with just bolt on's

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/top-speed/147932-texas-mile-results-march-2011-a.html

It's in his signature didn't want to go back looking through his threads to find the actual thread, you can if you want to. LSR guys seem to be different from drag racers, they seem to compete more against the speedo and wind more than each other so they share tips and tricks openly. I have heard of them duct taping the leathers onto their bodies to help reduce drag :laugh: every.o1 mph counts:thumbsup:

p.s. I am not sure I really want to know where you are testing your bike since LSR events aren't held 2 or 3 days a week, and if you were at an LSR event they would tell you exactly how fast you went no need for speedo :poke: :laugh:

200mph is not that easy to get to. :rulez:

you will most likely need more than just a few bolt on mods and an ecu flash. and even then :whistle: alot of folks dump thousands into their bikes to got them to the coveted 200mph mark.

:poke: $6,000.00 might cover it. :laugh:

Your bike is restricted, however the Gen II does a little better than the 186. Several members used a pipe and a tune and exceeded 200 M.P.H. in the standing mile. Best of luck :thumbsup:

last year i was at a top speed event in uk, a gen2 with 4 into 1 ti-force and ecu remap, did 199.6 mph

finally let down by the gearing, and no-one had a smaller rear sprocket.

Please note there was a slight tailwind, if it had been a headwind it would have been 192-196

Yup 1999 and 2000 are the only 2 years that are not restricted.

Woot!!

6650128547_2efaa06654_b.jpg

I'm located in the UK and the speed testing was done on a 2 mile runway we use for testing lots of bikes (I work for a bike magazine here). We are only allowed to run in one direction unless prior notice is given and the owners can close the runway off to other traffic to allow reverse runs. We'll be doing that once the bike has had some work just to be sure if it does indicate over 200mph in one direction.

It was a GPS recorded speed on a 2D datalogger costing several thousands, so very accurate. It was done 5 times with speed differences of 1-2mph on each run, but the highest was 191.81mph.

Thanks very much to those that posted info and links, I'm checking them out now.

Back