Is the extra $2500 worth it ('09 vs '03)?

Alternative

Registered
Considering both are in good condition and properly maintained, which one is a better buy? A black Gen1 ('03 with 4700 miles) for $4000, or a white Gen2 ('09 with 5900 miles) for $6500? Both have power commander and exhaust.

I was in the exact same position three weeks ago and bought the Gen 2 instead of the Gen 1. I love the Gen 2 more.

Kbb’s high book is $5,400 and $7,600 respectively but, the Gen 1 is the prettiest Busa. Sadly my 06LE books nearly $4,000 less than my 79 CBX! But but, just look at the graceful lines...:D
5E94EB73-0781-459F-8AD9-89A115A17D9F.jpeg

Gorgeous! Isn’t the axle backwards? My axle nut is on the right side. Does it matter?
The rear axle hex head is always on the LH side,nut is on the RH side. Probably doesn't make any difference.
I've seen axles reversed like this to avoid clearance issues when the muffler is bent inwards too far and the axle nut contacts the inside of the RH muffler. Nice photos.
Nice bike :bowdown:

Last edited:
Gen 1 certainly looks tasty , real clean and cared for , check those immaculate fittings ! Sure would be a real nice addition to my Gen 2 . :thumbsup:
I would go Gen 1 now , looking at this pictured example . If less factory power and old school axial brake mounts etc. , aren't an issue , then pull the trigger before she's gone mate . :beerchug:

$2500 bucks in your pocket for mods... No brainier!

I gotta agree. Two thousand five hundred less is a bargain for such a nicely cared for bike and it’s not as though the 09 is so much newer, it’s already nine years old. What does it look like? Both mileage figures are great as long as they weren’t a quarter mile at a time. Where is the 03 located? Four grand wouldn’t even rebuild my CBX motor. New fluids and filters, braided SS lines and GO!

Don't get that gen1, notorious for transmission problems and you will be a sorry bloke.
Baahhhh! Whatever, mine's got 105,000 kms and no tranny issues whatsoever.
Oh, apart from jumping out of neutral into gear occasionally and the synchros between 2nd and 3rd aren't too flash. :rolleyes:

Back