Is the busa a first bike?

rmczeal

Registered
I'm new to this site and I need some help. I'm interested in purchasing a 2003 busa, but I have no riding experience. Is the busa a first bike? I need feedback, I'm scheduled to buy sometime next week.

your scheduled to buy next week?

who made the schedule?.. haha

9:am brush teeth
9:30 shower/shave/breakfast
10:am go to Suzuki dealer, buy worlds fastest production bike
10-10:15 do paper work
10:21 leave parking lot
10:48 die.

does that answer your question?

this guy reads minds!
I was gonna ask if the Space Shuttle is a good starter plane.
rock.gif

Welcome to the board zeal.
You just might want to start on something a little smaller.
In the last month or so.....on this board.......there's been about......what......4 0r 5 Busa's that have ended up on their side for one reason or another.......and most of these guys are experienced.
Try startin with a 750 something er other.........if fer no other reason than just to be on the safe side.
By used first.....in case you drop it.....then in a few months buy yer Bus.......it would really suck to dump a $10,000 bike soon after you bought it, and let me tell ya.....things happen fast on a Busa, real fast.

I'm new to this site and I need some help. I'm interested in purchasing a 2003 busa, but I have no riding experience. Is the busa a first bike? I need feedback, I'm scheduled to buy sometime next week.
HELL No... Just for the bikes sake if nothing else...

First, Buy a lil 250-500cc piece of crap fr about $1000 run it for a month or two, go to the MSF Basic rider course. After that, sell your POS bike for the same $1000, then there is no reason you cannot get any bike you want. Including the Busa, just as long as you keep your head in what you are doing and take it easy.

But never forget the Busa and just about every modern 600cc or bigger sport bike can write checks that you cannot cash...

HELL No...  Just for the bikes sake if nothing else...

First, Buy a lil 250-500cc piece of crap fr about $1000 run it for a month or two, go to the MSF Basic rider course.   After that, sell your POS bike for the same $1000, then there is no reason you cannot get any bike you want.  Including the Busa, just as long as you keep your head in what you are doing and take it easy.  

But never forget the Busa and just about every modern 600cc or bigger sport bike can write checks that you cannot cash...
Good call Rev......when I say 750.... I mean old 750......new ones have the same potential for injury as a Bus....not much less power.....and much less weight.

you guys are brutal, actually if you are level headed and not out to impress people with the performance of the bike, it will work as a first bike as long as your not 5'2" tall, if your feet hit the ground flat footed then it is sized OK, the power of the bike is linear and very controllable, the bike is easy to ride, take it easy...

In europe they only allow you a certain CC size based on your experience. You need something like an Suzuki SV 650 to start. Take an MSF course, ride for a year without crashing and then maybe buy a busa.................you ain't ready yet......................

Also you had enough sense to ask the right question, now do you have enough sense to listen.................? I think you do.......................

WOW!!! First bike ever and you're considering a busa. I've had 27 various bikes, many of which are still in the stable and of all of them the busa DEMANDS the smoothest throttle control. Go and buy a 600cc-750cc sport bike and learn the basics and find out if it's really a busa that you want. Do not become a statistic with more balls then brains.

Do you have a motorcycle endorsement on your license that you could try a few at dealerships. I will let anyone try any one of my bikes except for the busa as one mistake may be your last. I've seen it too many times before with an unexperiences rider goes to brain lock and can't think clearly if confronted with a panic situation. Please, get the experience first. Todd

Hello McFly!,
ha! ha! just kidding seriously though i would have to agree w/ some of the others that the SV 650 would be a great bike for a beginner & even experienced riders 1 its a v twin motor which have very responsive & torquey motors mixed w/ the elevation that your at would be awesome. trust me its a bike that promotes wheelies & mischief once your skill improves plus the riding position is very responsive & forgiving to the inexperienced. take a course, buy a used bike, consignment bikes at dealers are steals usually because the owner is desperate to get rid of them start slow, learn & live most importantly have fun. anyone that tells you that a Busa or any other big bore sportsbike is ok for the inexperienced is smoking crack, a salesman, or isnt riding their own bike to its potential, possibly all of the above.

pete, not sure what you mean? but I can safely say that riding a 2003 gsxr 1000 is the easist bike I have ever ridden. true the busa is very fast, but thats only if you twist it up, its not a top fuel bike, the power is smooth enough in first gear you can putt all day at 5 mph if it is what you choose, an SV650 can be just as dangerous as any other bike, if a car pulls out in front of you the product will depend upon reaction and what you do next? an inexpeirienced rider typically blows up the brakes and takes the hit. in a nano second an expeirienced rider calculates the speed of the vehicle then makes a decision weather to speed up swerve left, right, or slow down swerve left or right or dump the bike. all bikes are dangerous, so to say an SV 650 is safer than a busa could only depend on rider experience, in this case there is none? if you want to learn to ride on a busa, then do just that, learn to ride on it! I would suggest to any one wanting to learn to ride any bike on busy streets, get on the track or desolate roads and learn how to handle your bike first!

I will say this very gently for our new friend
IF YOU BUY A BUSA FOR A FIRST BIKE YOU WILL DIE!!!
Spidey,

YOU ARE AN IDIOT!

hehehe, just kidding...  But, once again, you are stating your personal opinion as fact...  Didn't yo momma teach you etiquette?

Try this on for size:
"I will say this very gently for our new friend
IMHO: If you buy a 'Busa for a first bike, you will die!"

RMCZeal (now to answer you),

IMHO - despite what we are all elluding to, you prolly can get away with buying the bus as a starter and ride it sensibly and live a long and happy life.

Do what you want dude.  We will all be here to help you with advice and hope.  Get some reliable leathers and do it.

BTW - I think you should start on something smaller, like the before mentioned SV650.

Back