Is Scorpio alarm

EastCoast

Donating Member
Registered
I'm sure this has been covered before but, is the Scorpio alarm the best one out there for the Busa?

Don't know if its the best, but it does work well. I wouldn't trade mine.

I also like mine, but I am always changing out the battery in the remote. Maybe I have a short in the remote. One down side,the alarm doesn't come with a LED light..

Hmm common problem with batteries, I guess i should stop bagging it against the wall, LOL.. I have the SR 300, it takes the 12 volt. My husband has the SRI 500 the one with the pager, it works great..

I also like mine, but I am always changing out the battery in the remote. Maybe I have a short in the remote. One down side,the alarm doesn't come with a LED light..
it does. tap on left side button quickly... It will lit nice blue light for few seconds. Im talking about 500 model.

Stop buying cheap batteries, not all batteries the same.
smile.gif

Litium is the best. Those designed for digital cameras.
Rechergeable is one time spending, downside they last even less and you have to reset time on the remote.

Downsides.... yep there is quiet a few.
You will never know when you step out of range, remote synchronized with bike every 10 (I think) minutes.
Remote getting scratched to easy, replacement remote cost $60 + shipping. BIG deal is that you can buy it.
Only one remote for $400.00 alarm system?
rock.gif
?
Why the hell they make antenna sticking from the remote?
I modified mine, no more stupid antenna.

After all I think it is best alarm for the bikes.
smile.gif

smile.gif

it does. tap on left side button quickly... It will lit nice blue light for few seconds. Im talking about 500 model.

Stop buying cheap batteries, not all batteries the same.
smile.gif

Litium is the best. Those designed for digital cameras.
Rechergeable is one time spending, downside they last even less and you have to reset time on the remote.

Downsides.... yep there is quiet a few.
You will never know when you step out of range, remote synchronized with bike every 10 (I think) minutes.
Remote getting scratched to easy, replacement remote cost $60 + shipping. BIG deal is that you can buy it.
Only one remote for $400.00 alarm system?
rock.gif
?
Why the hell they make antenna sticking from the remote?
I modified mine, no more stupid antenna.

After all I think it is best alarm for the bikes.
smile.gif
I think she meant an LED like the ones auto security systems have that flash indicating they are on.

smile.gif

you right.... I didn`t think about that. It could be easy fix tho..
but
why do we need LED if it has perimeter sensor? Damn thing starting to scream like a pig when somebody coming too close.

I would prefer external horn output so it would use air horns and scream like an elephant
smile.gif

Cause I have a hole in my bike where I had a alarm with LED light, but that alarm sux (gorilla) so I got scorpio
biggrin.gif

I too have Scorpio cuz I couldn't find that cool Viper proximity alarm that annouces,
"WARNING. YOU ARE TO CLOSE TO THE VEHICLE. PLEASE STEP BACK." I loved that.

Do you guys SHUT OFF your remotes when not in use? Yeah, that defeats half the purpose but it triples your battery life

my scorpio helps me sleep at night !
biggrin.gif
think there was a group buy i got mine for like 300 shipped ! sweet deal , piece a cake to install:D

is it me or am i the only one that can just find more sh#t to add to the bus? 1 more for the x-mas list.
rock.gif

Back