Is my 2018 CBR1000RR Abs faster than my 2006 Hayabusa?

umairhashmi

Registered
I wish I could compare them side by side but the busa was stolen in 2010 and I didn’t get another bike till August 2019. The Hayabusa has a 1299 cc engine vs the 999 but weighed more and the technology was from 1999. Is it safe to safe the CBR is faster overall but maybe the Hayabusa had better torque because of the bigger engine size but was heavier too so not sure how that adds up.

Thats the last gen CBR. My 2018 does not has that awful punched in nose lol. Would have never bought it if it looked like that.

No offense intended... I can make a good guess at witch one is quicker.
But I know for sure witch one is Cooler!

No offense intended... I can make a good guess at witch one is quicker.
But I know for sure witch one is Cooler!
Say 20 mph roll to 120. Which one is faster? Before I got the CBR I really gave the busa a fair chance but to me it did not seem much different than the 2008 model except it had ABS.

Stock vs stock? It would be close. Cbr might win that with a longer 1st gear and less torque then a busa. But if your talking stock motor but max effort busa might take the win. It will cost a lot but I would be willing to bet it busa would win.

This is my busa vs my buddies zx10r. My bike made 165 whp and his bike made 175 whp. Busa weighed 495 vs his 440 pounds. If my bike had equal weight, different gearing and started in 1st gear it would of been a different story. You can see in the last video the busa was right there on the speed limiter.

Say 20 mph roll to 120 .

Which one is faster ?

Before
I got the CBR
I really gave the Hayabusa
a fair chance but to me it did not seem
much different than the 2008 model except it had ABS .

:race:

Say 20 mph roll to 120. Which one is faster? Before I got the CBR I really gave the busa a fair chance but to me it did not seem much different than the 2008 model except it had ABS.
If you run from 20 to 120 it's not which is faster. It's which is quicker. And why just to 120?

Back