Is it worth my time to manufacture this?

Great Idea!
I am interested
cool.gif

P.S. not interested in the gear indicator, but that seems like a good idea to pass off the detector/jammer as a gear indicator?
Even if the gear indicator didn't work the front led display could have numbers instead of the typical dot display?
rock.gif

I want one that if they try to lock on me. That their radar gun starts smoking and then needs to be replaced.

ok,I'm going to start pricing things out. Keep in mind a good detector is about $300-400 and a jammer is around the same. Perhaps I will sell it as a kit at first, allowing people to choose the device and the options. The headlight jammer may be the most expensive. In the end I'm not looking to make money, just make the Hayabusa even better. Another thought I had was to add a GPS speedo module into it as well, or even make a full replacemnet gauge cluster that was modular for all these options. Depends on how wild I get ;).

as others have said, price conditional I'm in
cool.gif

I think the modular idea is the way to go though. I already have an X50 and would like to keep that, also you might consider how other things interface with certain devices. For example, the MC2 HUD needs to sense the audio signal from the detector to indicate radar on the screen. Love the idea though and like the glove box comment above
cool.gif

cool.gif

I am interested.....make sure you tell me how to hook it up, since I am electrically challenged.

Hahaha! Okay, so it looks like this is a pretty good idea, as long as I can keep the price down. For those of you that have compnents already, I will look into making it modular somehow. As for the pricing, much of it will depend on the actual hardware used, and unfortunatly good stuff doesn't always come cheep. Keeping it modular though allow you guys to pick out what's important for you.

Getting a bit more complex here, there is also the idea of the GPS chip and maybe even a bluetooth module for audio.phone/intercom devices?

Perhaps I should start a poll. What components do you see yourself buying?

Jammer?
Detector?
Indicator?
GPS Speedo?
Bluetooth functionality?
Anything else I haven't thought of? maybe a HID relay or something?

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154468137 -->

Back