Is it worth my time to manufacture this?

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
PICS ICLUDED BELOW

I've (for some time now) been considering manufacturing a OEM like modification for RADAR/LIDAR detectors and LIDAR jammer for the Hayabusa.

I usually travel on local freeways here at about 90mph, giving a little more to pass up dangerous situations. I have a good eye, but feel my luck will run out some day.

I've seen a lot of detectors/jammers out there on bikes, and there are some good ones, but they all look out of place when installed. (read ugly and very conspicuous)

Here is my proposal:

I'm looking to purchase a set of high end detectors, and making custom enclosures that fit directly in the teardrop shaped area between the windscreen and the dash. (using injection molded plastics, abs etc) I plan on making the enclosure look stock enough that if pulled over it will not be noticeable, and it will have a LIDAR detection window to the front looking through the windscreen. I've even considered incorporating a gear indicator into this enclosure for a nice clean install. This enclosure will also house some alert LED's for easy reaction to radar detection.

Further more, I plan on modifying current LIDAR jammers by installing the LED emitters directly into the headlight enclosure. I may end up doing a core exchange system somewhat like Tobin does with his seats. By embedding them directly into the headlight housing I can make use of the reflectivity within the headlight to further amplify the infrared jamming light.

The third and final step is to make a rear plate frame with a rear jammer and detector. Although most hits come from the front.

I know I can't "jam" radar, but it is usually very easy to detect, and with the small profile of the Busa, a little heads up and a slowing of more than 2mph a second can avoid a lock.

LIDAR is easily jammed and legal in most states, although you do not have fair warning, you can slow to legal speed within a specified time frame and then allow the LEO to gain a lock once the jammer disengages.

All of this integrated into the actual design of the bike, making it a stealth install.

If I find enough interested people, I will start manufacturing prototypes and submit them to radar detector enthusiast groups for testing.

So, you guys interested?

http://www.pseudocode.org/hayabusa/gauges.jpg

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: "missed some words, didn't make sense"|1154121691 -->

If it looks and works as good as it sounds, I'd buy one in a HEART BEAT
cool.gif

sign me up also..

If I can add to your ideas I would think a little "glove compartment" type door that would lock up or down would be cool.

Get pulled over, close the little door or access panel.

hogger...

<!--EDIT|hogger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1154126799 -->

Start simple. Burn a few prototypes and test them here on the board. Price will be the deciding factor..for everyone.

I am very interested. What about those of us with double bubbles or different windscreens? maybe different molds for the main brands? Internals would stay the same, just require more tooling for manufacture.

-Kimball

errr umm .....yea a friend of mine wants one ....thats the ticket.....a friend........im just gonna hold his place in line for a while
wink.gif

Back