Is it time?

I've been riding since I was 7 (I'm now 45) in the dirt till I was around 17. Crashed and burned more times than I want to remember, but never broke a bone...
I've had a number of street bikes, starting with a Honda 400 Super Sport up to my Yamaha 1100 V-Star I'm riding now. Never have laid down a street bike (knock on wood) but have had many close calls due to ignorant cagers.
Haven't ever ridden a "Crotch Rocket", but have seen a few 'busa's made into
nice "sport touring" bikes. My wife doesn't ride with me very often, but when she does it's for a couple hundred miles/ hours at a time and she likes to be comfortable.
That being said, 'busas are (to me anyway) the most beautiful sport bikes made.
I don't get stupid on the bikes I have, or have had in the past (well, relatively stupid). I have a local drag strip if I really want to push it. I do like to bend bikes around corners, but who doesn't.
Would a 'busa be a good step up? Comfort is an important factor, as like I said, we like to go on long cruises 4-5 times during the summer. So I would have to figure out a seating solution at least for my wife to be comfortable.

Thanks

Tony
The busa isn't the best choice if you want long distance comfort for you and the wife. You can change things on the bike to make it better, and to a degree you're body will adjust....but in the end its still a sport bike :laugh: Everybody should own or at least ride a busa once in their life, but I would keep another bike for long distance rides with the wife :;):

A long distance ride for me and my wife is usually less than 200 miles... 2 to 3 hours...
The longest trip we would probably ever take would be Kansas City to Des Moines.
Or Kansas City to Manhattan Kansas (my son is stationed at Ft Riley).

Back