Is it time to ride yet?

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
As some of us dig out of yet another winter storm :banghead: let's think spring!!

What are the big plans for spring/summer rides?

Omar and I are slated to attend the Spring Bash in Robbinsville and Eureka Springs in the summer... :woot:

What about everyone else?

ride.jpg

Canada trip around Lake Superior over Memorial Day weekend, Road America for the AMA races the next weekend, then Road America for the vintage races and RockerBox the weekend after that, random other rides, and I'm hitting up Indy for the MotoGP in August for sure.

And I'm taking a class to help with run on sentences. :laugh:

Going to be 70+ in ABQ tomorrow. A coworker just bought an R1 and my usual riding buddy and I are taking him out for his first long ride. I love Albuquerque!

As for plans, we will take our usual Summer ride to Evergreen, Colorado and we plan to trailer our bikes to Daytona this fall for Biketoberfest.

Subject to change but if everything works out...

late April will be WV to the Bash
early May will be OH, to St Louis, to NM & CO and if time allows, AZ & Yosemite
mid June will be TX & possibly NM
end of Aug - early Sep will be NorCal & PNW

Eureka Springs for my 35th Birthday and the BUSA BASH May 31st...
Hoping to trailer the bike to AZ to do a Grand Canyon ride with my dad...
Probably it for long trips this year...Getting married May 10th and thats gonna kill the budget for the year I think...

so far the only thing i have set on the calendar is Eureka Springs at the end of May...had a west coast loop planned but appears the job is getting in the way at the last moment :banghead: i know there will be at least another 1/2 dozen trips this summer, just have to figure out when and where :thumbsup:

so far the only thing i have set on the calendar is Eureka Springs at the end of May...had a west coast loop planned but appears the job is getting in the way at the last moment :banghead: i know there will be at least another 1/2 dozen trips this summer, just have to figure out when and where :thumbsup:

Feel free to join me if/when your schedule allows.

It's a Triumph Trophy SE thank you very much...and yes grief again. ECU recall, she was all wonky driving home this afternoon trying to figure out the new ECU.

It was 26 on the ride into the dealer and still low 30s for the ride home. Heated gear = sweating either way.

I'm fired for no pics, but they had a GEN 1 Turbo Busa for sale in there today. They also had a 2014 R1200RT in there if this Triumph doesn't sort it's self out soon enough... It's been in the shop more times in 700 miles than any of my last bikes combined in thousands of miles.

Links to the dealer pics.
New and Used BMW, Triumph, Ducati Motorcycles and Parts | Chattanooga TN | Pandora's European Motorsports
New and Used BMW, Triumph, Ducati Motorcycles and Parts | Chattanooga TN | Pandora's European Motorsports

That BMW causin' you grief again? You miss the Busa yet? :laugh:

The bike is still tore down a little while doing some more mods. It is going to be in the 60's later in the week so I am planning on some what getting it together and taking it out for a bit then. End of the month it goes to Smither's in KC for a tune. I am hoping to still hit Eureka Springs in May...but I am not sure with the BS that is going on at work.

Canada trip around Lake Superior over Memorial Day weekend, Road America for the AMA races the next weekend, then Road America for the vintage races and RockerBox the weekend after that, random other rides, and I'm hitting up Indy for the MotoGP in August for sure.

And I'm taking a class to help with run on sentences. :laugh:

If you play your cards right...you may be meet me and join me in our suite out @ Indy....:whistle:

Schism I feel your pain. I live in nh. Still got like 10" of snow here. I'd like to even just ride down the street but that's a no go. April can't come fast enough

Back