Is it really that bad on parts or jus hearsay

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Ive heard the 16 front sprocket on a gen 1 is bad on the input shaft, but I know guys who run 16/43 on the street for yrs

Ordered sprockets the other day, jus wanted to hear what would be said here
:race::super:

Never heard this??? Lotta guys run 16/42 combos on Gen1’s including myself. Ran it for about a year or so but switched back to stock gearing. Was cool for a while but really wasn’t suited to my style of riding

Never heard this??? Lotta guys run 16/42 combos on Gen1’s including myself. Ran it for about a year or so but switched back to stock gearing. Was cool for a while but really wasn’t suited to my style of riding

Eeeeehh...sounds like I'm gonna have to find a new mech smh...sucks we dont have good mech/tuners in my area, reasons why I come to this forum for help, but it seems I may be a little naive and bothersome to others...eeehh, oh well:banghead::beerchug:

Eeeeehh...sounds like I'm gonna have to find a new mech smh...sucks we dont have good mech/tuners in my area, reasons why I come to this forum for help, but it seems I may be a little naive and bothersome to others...eeehh, oh well:banghead::beerchug:
Questions aren't bothersome to most of us, and every single one of us knew nothing about these bikes at one point. Best way to find a mechanic you trust is to become one yourself, at least to the extent you're able. Invest in a good set of stands, and a fairly comprehensive set of tools. You'll be surprised at how much stuff you can do yourself. You'll be money ahead, and you'll learn.

Questions aren't bothersome to most of us, and every single one of us knew nothing about these bikes at one point. Best way to find a mechanic you trust is to become one yourself, at least to the extent you're able. Invest in a good set of stands, and a fairly comprehensive set of tools. You'll be surprised at how much stuff you can do yourself. You'll be money ahead, and you'll learn.
Thanks again Mr.brown:beerchug::thumbsup: I couldn't agree more:race:

Back