is it possible to tune and ride a turbo busa with no fmu?

jeffisr1

Registered
I have a 2005 busa that I put shim in head new head gasket doback fuel controller walbro 255 and an aeromotive boost sensitive regulator but it still goes a little lean at 10k rpm I don't want a fmu people always say they have problems with them never tried it so can't say for sure just have it all set up and looking for information thanks

Yes it is. I have ID1000 injectors, Bosch 044 pump, and a 1:1 regulator. This set up will let you get well over 500hp. At your level I would just choose a smaller injector. Make sure you have a good way to tune while on boost such as a MAP sensor.

Little lean , dangerous words on a turbo

FMU work well in a low boost single boost range , its a simple way to get enough fuel out of a small injector , and be reactive to manifold pressure which your piggyback management is not.

once you want more on a gen 1 your looking at bigger injectors 1:1 reg , and a pressure referenced management PCv with hub or AEM , or a complete secondary system like the well tested microtech

I have a 2005 busa that I put shim in head new head gasket doback fuel controller walbro 255 and an aeromotive boost sensitive regulator but it still goes a little lean at 10k rpm I don't want a fmu people always say they have problems with them never tried it so can't say for sure just have it all set up and looking for information thanks

I am in the same boat as you. Gen 1 low boost, can't stand the fmu :banghead: Seriously considering going with this standalone plug n play set up. Hayabusa PnP - Megasquirt based custom motorcycle ECU's and acc. It allows you to tune your gen 1 with big cc injectors and still be able to drive it in the low end.

Is there a different like aftermarket map sensor I could buy to make this easier for me moparadict I've turbod apex snowmobiles a lot here but the seem to work fine with the stock fuel system up to 300hp without changing the fuel system much at all you're help is appreciated

Ozbooster I have a walbro 255 and a aem boost sensitive adjustable regulator 1:1 set at 42lbs with a return just goes to 13:4 at 10.5 rpm so I'm stuck don't know where to go from here

Ozbooster I have a walbro 255 and a aem boost sensitive adjustable regulator 1:1 set at 42lbs with a return just goes to 13:4 at 10.5 rpm so I'm stuck don't know where to go from here

13.4 isn't a little lean on a boost dude....

Your running out of injector capacity , either get some bigger injectors, or a fmu, the fmu will give best all round running for your $ if your going to stick with 8 psi

Back