Is it hot where you are?

cache

Banned
I rode to work today. Don't know why.
11doh.gif

It just hit 107 outside, and won't be much cooler when I head home.
11doh.gif

Is it hot where you are?

11doh.gif

I rode to work today. Don't know why.
11doh.gif

It just hit 107 outside, and won't be much cooler when I head home.
11doh.gif

Is it hot where you are?
Bro, It's not the heat 94F, its the freakin humidity...90%. No way to cool down, putting water on you just makes you wet and sticky and hot...Sucks...I wanna go home...Colorado, land of real women, Clean Air, Clean Water, and more empty long twisty canyon roads than you can shake a stick at. Seriously, spend an entire day in the twisties, never see a cop, never ride straight, and <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:orangered'>some</span></span> of the best undiscovered riding in the west...

But yeah...It's hot...Florida kinda Blows in the summer, Winters kick butt though.

11doh.gif

Revlis, it is probably 70 right now, rained about an hour ago but everything is dry. Hit about 75 today I would say with the usual low humidity. Good old Colorado weather
smile.gif

Revlis, it is probably 70 right now, rained about an hour ago but everything is dry.  Hit about 75 today I would say with the usual low humidity.  Good old Colorado weather
smile.gif
Yeah BITE me Lightning Skirt!!!
cussing.gif
Just have to keep pouring the salt huh? I'll remember this when I am out riding in February in 70F weather...
biggrin.gif

Seriously though, there is no comparing the summers in Colorado to this hell...

IT's raining here as well right now. And DONT even get me started on the bugs...Man I find myself running home and hiding at night because the bugs are so thick...And it gets worse...at night...it doesn't cool down, yeah I know...blew my mind. I'll go hop in the car at 0630 and it's freakin 85 and humid...BAH!

There are two advantages to Tampa though...

1. True year around riding.
2. Two Words-Sea Level.

Sea level is important because in a naturally aspirated motor you will loose roughly 3% I think it is for every 1000 feet in elevation. Basically more altitude, less air, less oxygen, less power. So, at least there is something. On a bike like the Busa though it's not going to be quite as noticable...mostly because there is just so much to start with.

Just do yourself a favour, don't leave Colorado...I left 7 years ago and I have been trying to get back ever since...Good people, good riding...

today it was just right . You didnt forget yer deordorant did ya "counterfeit-cache". hee hee hee .

Cache on way to work =
firedevil.gif

Cache at work =
drooling3.gif

Cache on way home from work =
cussing.gif

Cache at home =
drink.gif

Rubber , he no worke today.....
biggrin.gif

Hey Rev, you forgot one thing about Tampa.

The women!

Yeah, the women!!

WOMEN!!!!

Oh, and did I mention <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>THE WOMEN?</span>

74* here in Houston at 2:00 pm. OH that's inside!!!!!!
96* outside and plenty of humidity!!!
Ride in the morning and work at night. That's my secret.

...Is it hot where you are?
Well it SHOULD be. We in the DC area are sort of shuffling our feet -- it's been raining like, for ever, but we've had nothing but hot-as-heck-and-humid-to-boot drought for the last few years. It was in the 90s most of last June and bumping into the low 100's all last July and August.

Hey...YOO HOO...FOUNDING FATHERS...can you deceased fops BLOODY WELL HEAR ME? WASHINGTON DC is built on a damn SWAMP! This was a REALLY DUMB IDEA ('course if they waited 100 years the prolly woulda put it in Kansas -- at least there'd be a reason to be in that state other than countin' mile markers...).

...Anyway, when I'm not squeegy-ing out my basement life hear right now isn't half bad -- 60s and 70s, usually cloudy, often WET.

It was 80 something on the way to work with 50% humidity, at 6pm,not too bad as long as you're moving. 57 on the way home 3am. Yeah, work nights, it's cool(er).

2. Two Words-Sea Level.
You need to retire revlis so you can spend the summers here and the winters there. I can usually ride at least 5 days a month during the winter here. So its not too bad but year round would be nice. It rained all night which is strange for CO and the high will be 70. Had to drive the cage since I think it will rain all day. Tomorrow it will be 80 though

Been raining here the last three days...couldn't ride anyway had to work...

I'm in the same neighbrhood as stunnah. Rain, rain, and more rain. It looks like it is going to clear up and guess what....it rains again! As for the temp. It is 72@ 10:28a.m. with a 70% chance of rain
sad.gif

after reading this I don't feel so bad about the weather in Ks...........
Kind of like Goldy Locks......... Not to hot, not to cold, but just right!

2. Two Words-Sea Level.
You need to retire revlis so you can spend the summers here and the winters there.  I can usually ride at least 5 days a month during the winter here.  So its not too bad but year round would be nice.  It rained all night which is strange for CO and the high will be 70.  Had to drive the cage since I think it will rain all day.  Tomorrow it will be 80 though
Yeah I have thought about it. I am planning on keeping my house here when we do go back to Colorado though, give me a vacation home.

Good to hear it's raining though, maybe the drought will be coming to an end. About damn time too...

I should probably qualify my year around riding statement, year around without worrying about Gravel and the occasional shaded ice patch. But yeah I remember plenty of 50 degree winter days, sun shining bright, good riding. I miss the Colorado summer evenings the most, 65-70 degrees, clear skies, perfect riding...

I'll let you know when it stops "RAINING"!!! it's been raining here for almost a week straight....

not as much the temp that's bad here but the humidity.....
avg. temp 98deg. avg. heat index 112. ( that humidity will kill you)
firedevil.gif

Yeah the gravel and the ice patches and the water on the road from melting snow does suck. But riding at night during the summer is great.

Seems like the east has had funky weather all this year, sorry you guyz aint out ridin.
sad.gif

Back