Is it easier to become out of control at speed in a car or motorcycle?

Depends on the car or the bike really. The Busa is built for top end speed and is super stable once you are tucked in and the aerodynamic profile is complete. Same for cars - 190 Mph in an aerodynamic supercar would be fine. However, you have to consider that even a moderately aerodynamic car is still more aerodynamically efficient than any motorcycle. I bet that charger is more aerodynamically efficient than our prized Busas - hate to say it :laugh:

I feel much more comfortable on a bike. I've been fast in cars, nice ones even, but there's just something about tucking behind the screen and watching the world go by that makes me feel at peace. I do not get that feeling in a car.

I have gone the governed speed for a few mins on the bike, Very stable, I feel I have total control on a bike. I have been 170ish in more then a few car 911 turbo, Ferrari 458. both feel ok but you get the floating feeling in a car. Kinda like a 1978 Ford LTD.. So Im sticking to high speed on two Wheels.

i buried the 160mph speedo in my cobra just recently, i feel better on the bike just because of the way the road feels with it, every bump and dip is so much more exaggerated in the car vs the bike and the braking distances are unreal.

im sure there are not very many 1200hp chargers cruising at 190, hard to believe anything is cruising at 190 on a public road like its nothing.

Depends on the car or the bike really. The Busa is built for top end speed and is super stable once you are tucked in and the aerodynamic profile is complete. Same for cars - 190 Mph in an aerodynamic supercar would be fine. However, you have to consider that even a moderately aerodynamic car is still more aerodynamically efficient than any motorcycle. I bet that charger is more aerodynamically efficient than our prized Busas - hate to say it :laugh:

Taken from a Kawi forum comparing coefficient of drag of a Hayabusa and Dodge Viper, I'm sure the charger is much worse...

Actual air drag will be a mesure obtained by multiplying the drag coefficient by the actual frontal (drag) area of the vehicle. A mesure refered to as Cda. Obviously a viper has a much larger drag area than a Hayabusa.

Hayabusa .561 ( drag coefficient )* 6.01 ( frontal area in square feet )= Cda of 3.371

Viper .35 ( drag coefficient )*20.5 ( frontal area in square feet )= Cda of 7.175

Using these figures we can see that the Hayabusa is actually more than twice as "slippery" as the viper.

Back