Is Facebook ruining society?

I think it is taking away of actual socialization that used to go on. Everyone would rather site inside and chat on FB than actually meet and be social. Social introverts? I could be wrong, but I have seen someone have a breakdown(exageration implied) because she wasn't able to access her FB account before.

Means little to folks that are local to me, but I have friends all over the country and its the best way to stay in touch with them.

It is a great tool to stay in contact with distant friends and family, but should not be the only form of communication that so many use it for.

I dont have an account, so I avoid all the hoopla.

In college, I was obessesed with it. Now I find this site to take up more of my free time then any other "social network" out there...

I do have several friends that will leave me messages on facebook about a party or hangin out later. Then get PO'ed at me cause I never showed up or got back to them. I HAVE A PHONE, USE IT!!!! I think ppl have become spoiled and in a sense lazy.

I use to have a FB account but dropped it. My wife does not like it and thinks it may cause trouble. I have seen many relationships go south from it. Maybe they were already gone but FB gave them the final push to get them done. I have lots of friends that have them but for me I would rather be out meeting people in person rather then behind a comp screen. JMO

Means little to folks that are local to me, but I have friends all over the country and its the best way to stay in touch with them.

Best way huh.... your fired!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Best way huh.... your fired!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

LOL, that came out wrong...:laugh: I am talking about those that arent on the oRg. Besides, I am on the oRg all day, almost every day. I only go to FB when I get a notification.

no more than the phone did in it's day

just imagine, people used to have to go to one another's houses in order to talk...after the invention of the phone, all they had to do was pick up a phone and talk to the person immediately

then, we got answering machines and didn't even have to talk to one another...all you needed to do was leave a message and the other person could get it later

next, pagers and then cell phones...each is just another step along the technology trail

as far as relationships going south, cheaters have always existed and always will...it's just that it is much easier to do so now and is also much easier to catch them doing so now...it was much more difficult to get away with an affair back in the day when you only had one horse and the husband was using it to plow the field while the wife was at home with 14 children!

I wanna :stirpot: a lil....

What happened to the days of walking up to that chick you've been eyein' for a few days or what have you? These dudes use facebook to creep and hide behind there insecurities. JMO.

Have you ever noticed the more some people talk the less they have to say, I know i'm guilty.

Back