is $180.00 too much.....

AES

Registered
i got new wheels for my bike, i was wondering is $180.00 too much to pay to have the originals pulled off and the new ones put on..... im not sure but i think this might be a little excessive....... could i get some opinions

is that just labor for pulling and installing? I just paid $30 for mine yesterday. If I would have done the front it would have been $60. $40 an hour for labor is the going rate

that does seem high. going by $40 an hour thats 4 1/2 hours of labor. That crazy.

I believe it was $43.99 per tire at the local Suxuki dealer here as long as you purchased it from them...they were selling dealer cost on all in stock tires.

Are they swapping the rotors, bearings, cush drive, hardware, etc. from the stock wheels to the new ones?

thats with me taking them the bike. If i knew that it wasnt that involved id do it myself but im thinking it is

Gooooooooood Lord guys
wow.gif
, it's $15 bucks here per wheel to change tires if you bring them the wheels and buy the tire from them. Of course I buy more than tires from these guys and bring them some goodies every now and then
lurk.gif

all_coholic.gif

Yeah, seems high...my local shop charged just $125 and that was the price of the tire AND pulling the old one off, putting that new one on...so, most of the cost was the tire...

$75.00 per hour here but we also have a rock solid policy, we screw up you get all your service rate money back and your bike fixed. Wheels off $45.00 for the set. To pull your wheels is an hour process. $75.00 plus $45.00 = $120.00 for the service. We also have a 4K tire balancer by Snap-on.

Back