Is $1000 good price for a bike paint job

euroR

Registered
So its time to get my bike painted. I decided to paint instead of wrap. I will do a Lamborghini Green Ithica Verde. I called around and found up to $3000 but I got it down to two shops. One just paints motorcycles and I will remove the parts and deliver to them. They charge $1000. Its called Born Again Fairings in Azusa CA. They fix fairings mine would be $500, but to repaint the whole bike $1000 why not. Another is a guy who does custom work he quoted me $1700 and I drop off the whole bike. So Im debating is $1000 for a Pearl Green 3 stage too little.

that seems cheap. i charge $1000 start to finish when they drop off bike. i prefer to put it back together so its not scratched. but thats a everyday cheaper color price. with plastics fixed and cost of materials hes doing a free spray job. i dont know what kind of quality hes doing for that cheap. it costs me avg $300 in material to paint a bike if its a single normal color

I wouldn't go by price.... I would go 2 each shop inspect their work and work areas. I don't mind paying more 4 piece of mind and Quality. Not saying just because you spend more it's gonna be better, but rather I'd want it 2 be done right the 1st time with no regrets :thumbsup:

Thank you. I do know the saying you get what you pay for. The voice tells me just to go with the more $1700 but i will drive up to both to see their work.

seeing their work dont mean alot. both could do good work. but which one will give u more then u pay for? i always try to blow my customers expectations away. if i give what they pay for, then the quality could go down. i dont really have a right or wrong answer for you. why is the one guy only asking for $1000? have both guys explain why they are pricing the way they are. ask to see if your not satisfied if they will fix the problems. maybe get into detail on what steps they use before they paint. it would give u ideas on who would be worth your money

Why not wrap it? If I could go back I would choose wrap, now I did paint my bike myself for free....When you get rock chips you'll be pissed!

Why not wrap it? If I could go back I would choose wrap, now I did paint my bike myself for free....When you get rock chips you'll be pissed!

I went with the guy for 1700 but I got it down to 1500. Also reason I didnt go with a wrap is because I was quoted 1400 to get it similar color. And I wanted to paint it.

Got this for 800....

ForumRunner_20150119_191526.png

ForumRunner_20150119_191540.png

ForumRunner_20150119_191554.png

ForumRunner_20150119_191526.png

ForumRunner_20150119_191540.png

ForumRunner_20150119_191554.png

I don't know how folks do it for $300. :dunno:

I did my own 600 gixxer, the whole bike and it cost me almost $400 just in materials. The bike sold 3 days after I put it on Cycle trader and I kept getting calls after it was gone, it went for a $1,000 more than what I purchased it about two years ago.

I used the best coatings though, PPG, primer, then a metallic base coat and then three clear coats. The paint came out very nice, but I can't see charging less than $1,000 for something like that.

Make sure the guy knows how to apply decals and graphics an uses paint that is fuel resistant. I got a "deal" on a paint job for an old CB750 Super Sport when I was young and the paint dissolved if you dribbled any fuel on it at the gas station.

I prepend the parts & took them off and put them back on I also used standard Honda colors so the paint was already in their computer I put the decals on myself and took it back to them for clear coating . Frankly I think they like painting something other than a boring Sudan

the paintjob i charged my buddy $1000 for. he paid for the yellow basecoat and he scuffed the bodywork down. i used my sealers, clears and hardners. still i had a few hundred in materials of my own on it. he still got a good deal for as big as these bikes are. all rockets i charge around a grand and i remove and install the plastics so i know they dont get scratched. prices very alot on paint work. the Mystic thats on my busa i could easily charge 3000 for a paintjob.

10296578_10154184140540246_3417512107469870811_n_zps1872690d.jpg

I went with the guy for 1700 but I got it down to 1500. Also reason I didnt go with a wrap is because I was quoted 1400 to get it similar color. And I wanted to paint it.

So when is your bike getting painted?

You know that when you make a post like this one, you are required to post pictures
from multiple angles both of the full bike and close-ups - right? :laugh:

As there are others on here that want to see what $1500 looks like..........Paint wise. :rulez:

I was quoted 1500 for someone here that does great work . (single color) But I think i'm gonna do a wrap

Back