"Iron" Mike Tyson

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
Watched some of his best fights last night and that guy was unbelievable in the speed and power he could produce from out of nowhere. Ducking from a punch, he threw a right jab to the chest and within the second that his opponent backed away from the hit he threw a right uppercut and knocked the guy into the next century. Gotta buy his best fights on DVD. What a champ that fell apart when Cus D'Amato passed.

Yeah considering how young he was and the physical gifts he possessed was unreal. Nobody has ever and probably never will eclipse his success and notoriety in boxing. People don't flock to the TV and buy PPV's now like they did back then when he was fighting. It was great for the sport but bad at the same time because nobody else has came along and brought that kind of hype and excitement which is 1 of the MANY reasons boxing is dying off. Whether you were an avid fan or had no interest at all in the sport when Tyson was fighting it was the definition of MUST SEE TV :whistle:

Definitely my all time favorite fighter,have watched his "Greatest Hits" numerous times and his speed/punching power was amazing.:thumbsup:

Tyson Knockout Highlights - YouTube[/url]

Been a long time since we watched a boxing match over here, never was a big fight fan but there fighters that got you interested in seeing what was going to happen. Ali Suger Ray Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
yep he was a great fighter but lost it somehow. guess it was something to do with women lol. just more an evander hollyfield fan

Yeah considering how young he was and the physical gifts he possessed was unreal. Nobody has ever and probably never will eclipse his success and notoriety in boxing. People don't flock to the TV and buy PPV's now like they did back then when he was fighting. It was great for the sport but bad at the same time because nobody else has came along and brought that kind of hype and excitement which is 1 of the MANY reasons boxing is dying off. Whether you were an avid fan or had no interest at all in the sport when Tyson was fighting it was the definition of MUST SEE TV :whistle:

I remember my Mom (God rest her soul) excited to see Tyson fight because the guy was unbelievable and brought so much excitement to the sport. He was like Rocky Marciano in that he could generate explosive and devastating force in just a few inches.

yep he was a great fighter but lost it somehow. guess it was something to do with women lol. just more an evander hollyfield fan

Holyfield was a great champ, too. So many great names, but where are the heavyweight champs of today? I guess Klitschko is the guy, but it used to be there were so many that could stun the crowd with a good night. HBO Boxing on Saturday nights used to be awesome.

I was a huge fan till he started biting off ears....:whistle: hard to respect the man as a fighter after he did that. sure he was talented but in the end he was an absolute embarassement to the sport of boxing.

th.jpeg

I'm a huge fan of boxing, and recall the days of anticipation leading up to a Tyson fight, all 92 seconds of it...boxing hasn't been the same crooked sea of controversy that it once was since the days of Don King, Sweet Pea Whitaker and Price Naseem Hamed. Miss watching Butterbean too

:laugh:

The 90's were entertaining for boxing fans...I do miss it...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I'm a huge fan of boxing, and recall the days of anticipation leading up to a Tyson fight, all 92 seconds of it...boxing hasn't been the same crooked sea of controversy that it once was since the days of Don King, Sweet Pea Whitaker and Price Naseem Hamed. Miss watching Butterbean too

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I hated naseem.!! Which is why one of the fights I enjoyed the most was when he fought Barrera. He used prince's style(dirty tricks and acting crazy) to fight him. I don't even watch boxing anymore and this new "ultimate fighter" thing is just too much for me.

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

We had some good chats about boxing over the years eh M. I really liked the "Gentleman" fighters. Guys like Holmes and Foreman who would near beat you death,then come over to your corner to shake yer hand and see if you were still alive.:laugh:

Boxing always had its share of controversy that for sure. The Spinks brothers,that early 80's fight between that Korean fighter and Boom Boom Mancini (korean fighter died hours later after the beating) I watched that one live,Haglar vs leonard, Holmes vs Spinks (2 or 3 times), etc etc.

Here's something most will find a little un-popular...I did not care for Ali at all. Didn't care for him in the ring,hated him outside the ring. He reminds me of other bigtime acts who the general public put up on a pedestal. I have this "thing" for men who abuse their women.

Tyson was out and out just plain fun to watch,but as Va said,you would wait months for his fights,that would then end in the first round.:laugh:

I have always loved the hard punchers.Guys who didn't try and "dance" you to death,sans Ali. Guys like Foreman,Duran,Robinson,Liston,etc.

It's all MMA now. Which for me is entertaining as hell. I dig the guys who are more street fighter than martial arts purist. Althou there is that one Canadian boy...:whistle:

Georges St. Pierre,he's not too bad. :laugh:

RSD.

Holyfield was a great champ, too. So many great names, but where are the heavyweight champs of today? I guess Klitschko is the guy, but it used to be there were so many that could stun the crowd with a good night. HBO Boxing on Saturday nights used to be awesome.

over here in S A we have nobody good enough anymore. me and my dad just would spent hours watching even the fight when tyson bit of the ear

I hated naseem.!! Which is why one of the fights I enjoyed the most was when he fought Barrera. He used prince's style(dirty tricks and acting crazy) to fight him. I don't even watch boxing anymore and this new "ultimate fighter" thing is just too much for me.

Make no mistake, I disliked Naseem as well...his arrogance was almost too much most of the time, but you have to admit it was an entertaining train wreck nonetheless :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

We had some good chats about boxing over the years eh M. I really liked the "Gentleman" fighters. Guys like Holmes and Foreman who would near beat you death,then come over to your corner to shake yer hand and see if you were still alive.:laugh:

Boxing always had its share of controversy that for sure. The Spinks brothers,that early 80's fight between that Korean fighter and Boom Boom Mancini (korean fighter died hours later after the beating) I watched that one live,Haglar vs leonard, Holmes vs Spinks (2 or 3 times), etc etc.

Here's something most will find a little un-popular...I did not care for Ali at all. Didn't care for him in the ring,hated him outside the ring. He reminds me of other bigtime acts who the general public put up on a pedestal. I have this "thing" for men who abuse their women.

Tyson was out and out just plain fun to watch,but as Va said,you would wait months for his fights,that would then end in the first round.:laugh:

I have always loved the hard punchers.Guys who didn't try and "dance" you to death,sans Ali. Guys like Foreman,Duran,Robinson,Liston,etc.

It's all MMA now. Which for me is entertaining as hell. I dig the guys who are more street fighter than martial arts purist. Althou there is that one Canadian boy...:whistle:

RSD.

I agree, gone are the days of "gentlemen" fighters. I loved watching Oscar De La Hoya, Mayweather and Roy Jones Jr, but there was something special when the heavyweights entered the ring. I never was a fan of Lennox Lewis though...not sure why, just an ego I couldn't see past I think...

I kind of agree with your assessment of Ali, but seeing him now brings me to tears. The guy was popular and on top, and now he's so frail, it's heartbreaking to see. His appearance during the opening ceremonies for the Olympics years ago brought tears to my eyes...it's tough to see the fighter he once was, and I have nothing but respect for him...

I sure do miss the sport...tried a few times to tune in, but no one keeps my attention these days... :(

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

Its a new world with a bigger taste for violence and UFC or any of the new cage fighting sports are providing that need,boxing (IMO)is an art that is dying out and i fully agree that Tyson was one of the modern greats but an absolute disgrace for the sports,I miss George Foreman and the likes of him.

Its a new world with a bigger taste for violence and UFC or any of the new cage fighting sports are providing that need,boxing (IMO)is an art that is dying out and i fully agree that Tyson was one of the modern greats but an absolute disgrace for the sports,I miss George Foreman and the likes of him.

As much as I love a good gory movie or horror books, I can't stomach UFC :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

RSD.
cud not agree more. and as tough as Tyson was GSP would tap his ass out in about 30 seconds. GSP is the the classiest most respected and talented fighter on the planet period! a true WORLD class athlete! he made diaz look like a punk and diaz is a top ranked fighter. he found out pretty quick in the first round how outclassed he was.

Back