"Iron" Mike Tyson

I paid $60 back in 85(??) to watch the30 second fight , which was a lot then . The cable company gave everyone a couple free movies since it was so short. He was bada$$ till his coach died and whatsherface screwed him over.

Great fighter... One of the best, also on the wrong side of one of the biggest underdog upsets of all-time.

Anyone remember BUSTER DOUGLAS in Japan. One of the most exciting upsets ever.

Mike Tyson said, "Everyone's got a plan til they get hit":laugh:
Still my favorite boxer!:thumbsup:
lol actually it was “Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.â€￾ it came after a reporter said “I hear your opponent has a clever plan for defending your left hook. How do you respond?â€￾:laugh:

never liked either sport...found that any sport that requires violence as entertainment...was only violent entertainment...... and that's why i don't like NASCAR either

never liked either sport...found that any sport that requires violence as entertainment...was only violent entertainment...... and that's why i don't like NASCAR either
football and hockey is a hell of a lot more violent then NASCAR. I agree tho NASCAR is lame. going round and round in circles for hours just sounds kinda silly to me.

although MMA and boxing are both fighting MMA is much more dynamic then boxing. a world class boxer would not last one round with any decent MMA fighter simply because boxing is one dementional and they cannot defend against the take down nor have they trained to defend against punishing leg kicks and knees or elbows.

Doesn't "The Wife" get angry at you Chris? I mean sitting on the couch hour after hour watching Womens Beach Volleyball,neglecting household chores and such.:laugh:

I guess there is always LPGA too. I mean.who wouldn't wanna score a "birdie" with todays women golfers.
RSD.

Watched some of his best fights last night and that guy was unbelievable in the speed and power he could produce from out of nowhere. Ducking from a punch, he threw a right jab to the chest and within the second that his opponent backed away from the hit he threw a right uppercut and knocked the guy into the next century. Gotta buy his best fights on DVD. What a champ that fell apart when Cus D'Amato passed.

he was the best but short lived career. would love to have seen a young Tyson in the ring with a klytchko. hate them. throw some damn punches - prove yourself. **** .
I would love to get in a ring with one of them. peek a boo them to the canvas

great fighter & in my eyes appeared to be a decent dude minus beating on chicks. his documentary was good to watch and made me wonder if the media was responsible for tearing him apart mentally.

Tyson was a monster. It all went down hill when the muslims got hold of him and preached you are the Champ, get away from the White handlers.

MMA is brutal = more money than boxing...gsp is great...a pay per view Tyson fight was minutes of fun...I can't imagine taking a shot from him...he seemed to take a few body shots than go head hunting...lights out.

Tysons Abandoned Mansion - YouTube[/url] ohio house...

Last edited by a moderator:
football and hockey is a hell of a lot more violent then NASCAR. I agree tho NASCAR is lame. going round and round in circles for hours just sounds kinda silly to me.

although MMA and boxing are both fighting MMA is much more dynamic then boxing. a world class boxer would not last one round with any decent MMA fighter simply because boxing is one dementional and they cannot defend against the take down nor have they trained to defend against punishing leg kicks and knees or elbows.

i try not to call any sport lame ....i thought baseball was lame until i learned the intricacies of the game and strategy for playing players and pitchers etc. that being said im not a nascar fan and i do wonder where the strategy and difficulty come in with ridin around in a circle and trying to pass a car thats just about as fast as the next car. my nascar strategy body of knowledge is ricky bobby and kyle naughton so....

as for mma and boxing just the fact that they dont wear gloves in mma would make a boxers life miserable...different kind of impact

the iron mike i was a fan of

Mike-Tyson-588.jpg

found this looking for posters/deco for the spot...(man cave is cheesy to me lol)

no face tat no BS

Great pic--that's Iron Mike. I only saw him once--when he was the champ--stopped at a light in a Mercedes convertible. Living in NYC, most people ignore celebrities. I gave him the thumbs up, and he gave it right back to me--with a big grin.

Back