iPhone4 jailbreak??

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone done this to their iphone4 yet? Buddy of mine did it to his iPhone 3Gs last night and he said it's amazing!

Is it a tethered jailbreak? Meaning, if he reboots, does he have to tether it up to complete the booting process?

Reboot as in turning phone off & back on? Or doing a hard reset?

iPhone4 Jailbreak isn't out yet. I jailbroke my 3GS and loved it. Can't wait till 4 is ready.

Watch this site for more info...

www.spiritjb.com

Last edited:
Reboot as in turning phone off & back on? Or doing a hard reset?

Yes, turning off/on.

When I had my 3Gs, I had one with the newer ROM...I did the jailbreak on mine, but if it was rebooted, I had to tether it back to my laptop and run blackrain again before the boot process would continue. That lasted all of about 2 minutes and I restored back to Apple's OS.

I'll have to check into it but I'm probably gonna use Spirit

Spirit provides an untethered jailbreak for the 3GS no matter what bootrom you're on. As for the ios4 there's no jailbreak out for it yet but I'm assuming it will be soon! :thumbsup:

I don't underdstand why you don't just buy an unlocked phone to begin with ?
All iPhones I saw in Germany and Cyprus were unlocked from factory , new in box and capable of being taken to any carrier ? More expensive yes but free to go anywhere . Lots for sale on eBay .

Last edited:
I don't underdstand why you don't just buy an unlocked phone to begin with ?
All iPhones I saw in Germany and Cyprus were unlocked from factory , new in box and capable of being taken to any carrier ? More expensive yes but free to go anywhere . Lots for sale on eBay .

A jailbroken iPhone and an unlocked iPhone are two different things. A JB iPhone allows you to install third party apps onto your phone, a unlocked iPhone allows you to use a carrier other than AT&T! Case in point I have a JB 3GS but it is not unlocked, I used the spirit JB and it is indeed untethered and so far works great!:thumbsup::beerchug:

I don't believe that there is a 4.0 jailbreak out yet. Possibly though. My 3g is jailbroke and I enjoy the multi tasking/teathering and ability to change the theme's. My Iphone looks like it runs Windows 7

Back