iPhone Users LISTEN up!

As far as GPS and phone pairing, I use my iPhone for both GPS and music so music runs in background while GPS software is on. Again, keeping me to only one device to worry about. :easy:

Does the Iphone give you turn by turn directions??? I just got one (G3), do I need to downloand something??? Cuz as far is I know the Iphone wont give you t by t directions.... I'm LOST....:poke: Help////:laugh:

Does the Iphone give you turn by turn directions??? I just got one (G3), do I need to downloand something??? Cuz as far is I know the Iphone wont give you t by t directions.... I'm LOST....:poke: Help////:laugh:

3Gs or 3G with 3.0 OS is supposed to with an *.

Apple iPhone 3G S - 32GB - black (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Turn-by-turn directions
iPhone OS 3.0 brings support for turn-by-turn directions, making the iPhone a fully functional GPS device. The bad news is that, along with MMS, we'll have to wait until later this summer to get it. Directional services won't come from Apple, but will instead come from third-party apps. TomTom will be the first company to offer an app; a TomTom executive demonstrated it at WWDC 2009.

From what we could tell from the brief demo, TomTom's service looks promising. The interface was attractive and the audible directions were clear. TomTom will also offer a car kit that will secure your iPhone to your windshield or dashboard while charging it at the same time. That's good news for a device that sucks up juice quickly.

We're concerned with how much the app will cost. TomTom will offer a "range" of U.S. and international maps, but that's as much as we know. GPS maps are not cheap, so we'll be interested to see how TomTom will package and price the content to make it affordable for consumers and profitable for TomTom.

What's more, we're curious how much memory the maps will consume and how the app will integrate with the iPhone's other features. From what we understand, we'll be able to make hands-free calls and play music on our car's radio while getting directions. Unlike the Palm Pre, however, the iPhone doesn't multitask (we have more to say on that below). If the GPS feature has to suspend because you get a call--just as the iPod player suspends when you take a call--then things could get tricky. We suspect, though, that Apple and TomTom have this covered.

:welcome:
I have the Blackberry Storm through Verizon. It kinda works the same. I do have an Ipod touch which I use for the ride. It works great. I would like to hear my sound through my bluetooth although. Any Strom users on the org.

I got one, love pandora, it makes the ride that much better!:bowdown:

umm..welcome to what blackberries have had for years.. bluetooth stereo.. wonder when the iphone will get picture messaging...

*flame suit and blackberry storm on*

(im a verizon rep):whistle:

oops didnt read the whole thread, we have some storm users here!.. yes Pandora ROCKS!

Im riggin a bluetooth stereo setup in my helmet with speakers so i can bluetooth music and control it with the play pause skip controls im going to mount on the outside of the lid.

Hey Bro's... Been reading for a while but never posted... however, in the last few days I have made a change in my riding that I thought you all would want to know.

Iphone owners can upgrade now to iPhone 3.0 software for free and gain A2DP bluetooth (Stereo) support. What this means is that we can pull out our bluetooth stereo headsets and listen to music, get turn by turn GPS and even answer and initiate calls (if you're into that while you ride:poke:)

I use my Motorola S9 and it works great! I can now listen to my tunes going down the road and require no more than the phone I planned to take anyways. Since the whole system is wireless, the phone remains in pocket or mounting on dash:whistle:

Happy listening.

Thanks for the tip! Love my iPhone. :welcome:

intresting... i may have to look up some day how to ear bud wife and i wireless so i can talk to her while rideing.....no wait.....scratch that..havent got her to shut up for 15 years ....oh well lol

download the new sirus/xm app and you can stream sat radio via bluetooth. I need to hurry up and get a bluetooth doogle for my chatterbox!!!

I do not like the iPhoney or iPud. I use a Cowon media player and have headphones inside my helmet. Similar to these:

26-106-033-03.jpg

I removed the ear hooks, took the padding out of the helmet and placeds them in between the cloth and the foam, tucked the wires and ta-da.. headphones INSIDe the helemt. The connector lead is BLACK, not gay iPud white, and LEO does not see it.

:moon:

I purchased an Iphone in December, but really have not found it to be that functional when riding. I hate carrying more than one device, but I ended up using my ipod shuffle instead of the iphone because listening to music on the iphone kills the battery in no time. By the time I get where I'm going, I better not need to call anyone. Once up in the GA mountains I tried listening to music on the ride up there and used the GPS a couple of times, and before you know it, the battery was dead. It would be great if I could get more battery life out of it.

should have just bought a Google Phone ;) ... sooo many apps you cant get for it, and free.

I have GPS on my phone with Nav and an accurate Speedo. its pretty crazy!

I purchased an Iphone in December, but really have not found it to be that functional when riding. I hate carrying more than one device, but I ended up using my ipod shuffle instead of the iphone because listening to music on the iphone kills the battery in no time. By the time I get where I'm going, I better not need to call anyone. Once up in the GA mountains I tried listening to music on the ride up there and used the GPS a couple of times, and before you know it, the battery was dead. It would be great if I could get more battery life out of it.

Radio Shack sells a battery booster for the Iphone that will recharge it a couple times or gives you a lot more battery life(you can leave connected). I installed a power source for my Iphone and Gps from the bike and charge them both while riding. :thumbsup:

Have you downloaded current software? Mine does now with the new upload.

A2DP is not supported on iPhone 2G with 3.0 firmware. This made my 2G iPhone sooo yesterday....:moon: Guess time to upgrade to 3GS after all.

Back