iPhone iOS 4.1 Jailbreak coming 10/10/10 @ 10:10:10

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
For those of you with an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.02 or 4.1... a new Jailbreak is coming on: 10/10/10 @ 10:10:10 GMT

Or for those techno-nerds: 101010101010 :laugh:

Word is that it will be an untethered Jailbreak and will work on all iDevices with the A4 chip (iPhone 4, iPad, AppleTV, etc.). Since the exploit is in the boot ROM, Apple will have to modify the hardware to plug the hole. So, going forward, Jailbreaking existing, nonpatched iDevices should be possible.

I'm looking forward to it so I can upgrade to iOS 4.1!

Greenpois0n iOS 4.1 Jailbreak for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad Coming 10/10/10 at 10:10:10 AM GMT

I've been following this closely since the SHAtter exploit was found. I'm still on 4.0...

Rumor is that an unlock is also possible as long as the baseband is not upgraded. I'm still on 01.59.00. 4.0.2 and later upgrade that baseband...

There's a procedure out there to use TinyUmbrella to do the upgrade...then the JB when it's released. Can't wait!

There are definitely problems with it. I have a 3Gs that I'm testing it with and I can't get the JB to take.

I figured I'll try it on a test device before mucking up my iPhone 4...

May just wait for Greenpois0n...

Last edited:
There are definitely problems with it. I have a 3Gs that I'm testing it with and I can get the JB to take.

I figured I'll try it on a test device before mucking up my iPhone 4...

May just wait for Greenpois0n...

I'm with you on that one, and the fact that the lime ra1n version is only for PC at the moment... :whistle:

Bump.....Anyone used the greenpois0n jailbreak yet? How does the limera1n version work? I have a 3gs phone with the 4.1 os. Not sure which one to try. Any ideas from you Iphone guru's?

Greenpoison or Limerain, both work great for iOS 4.1 jailbreak. I'm writing this from my iPhone 4, 4.1 JB via Greenpoison.

BTW, iOS 4.2.1 beta UNTETHERED jailbreak was just released. But I don't recommend it just yet...there are bugs with it.

iPhone. Tapatalk. Out.

Omslaw. I was hoping you would reply. So which would you do with the phone and version I have? Do they both just jailbreak and not unlock? Speak to me like you would a 5 yr old. Ignorant to this jailbreaking stuff.

omslaw. I was hoping you would reply. So which would you do with the phone and version i have? Do they both just jailbreak and not unlock? Speak to me like you would a 5 yr old. Ignorant to this jailbreaking stuff.

ditto!

Jailbreaking is a process that modifies the firmware (iOS) on the iPhone and allows one to run just about any program on the device. Both Greenpois0n and Limera1n will work with your 3Gs to Jailbreak it with iOS 4.1. I have used both to JB several 3Gs' with equal success. I have probably used Limera1n a little more.

For unlocking, which is giving one the ability to use the iPhone on another carrier's network, use Ultrasn0w after jailbreaking. Unlocking success may depend on the Baseband (or modem) version that is on the device and also the version of 3Gs that one has.

If the device is already at iOS 4.2.1, wait a few days for the untethered jailbreak to be released.

I understood the basics of jailbreaking. Just seems there are too many options and what ifs. I have iphone4 so imnot sure I wanna try it.

Back