iPhone for Verizon?

ogre

Call me Liberace!
Registered
i've been reading up on dozens of webpages talking about a new world compatible iPhone that will work with Verizon. who wants one (besides me)? and i'm up for an upgrade in september, friggin w00t!!!!!

I saw something on the news about apple in production of an iphone that would be compatible with verizon and sprint i think it was. Sounds cool, but doesnt the new droid have pretty much the same capabilities as the iphone?

iphone is much fasterthan droid, my friend in class has the droid, i hope the iphone comes to sprint soon

i have an upgrade coming as well... im on verizon... have to admit, it would be tempting to purchase an iphone if one became avail for verizon....

though i would first want to see exactly how much their iphone plan would be...

the amount of money they rape iphone users for, in order to get full usage of the applications is retarded...

I have travelled to over ten countries and seen iPhones in use all over .
T mobile and verizon in the UK .
Cytanet in Cyprus
a couple carriers in Italy .
They even sell them in Schippol airport in Amsterdam as well as Heathrow in London .

My iPhone even though I get charged roaming fees will recognize others networks and work on them .
AT&T is not the only carrier that has iPhones .
They just have a monopoly on them in the US that may soon be over .

Last edited:
nexusone-vs-droid.jpg

iphone is much fasterthan droid, my friend in class has the droid, i hope the iphone comes to sprint soon

Friend has a Iphone and I have a droid and think it's just the opposite. I know both can be modded but I am sure the clock speed can be turned way up on the Droid after its been rooted. It all comes down to user I guess.

***Quick edit, down right shocking how much I will be paying for cell service over 24 months!!!

Last edited:
lol, haters

I Brew Haterade said:
Did you hear about the latest iphone app ? Personal digital scales so you can weigh yourself.
Just step on your iphone...

I am thinking about switching to the iphone for 1 reason....

My company only supports Blackberries so if I get an iphone...no more work e-mail when I am not at work. :thumbsup:

I am thinking about switching to the iphone for 1 reason....

My company only supports Blackberries so if I get an iphone...no more work e-mail when I am not at work. :thumbsup:

Some people work ungodly hours and I am sick of getting e-mails at 2 AM ... not that I respond to them, its just the ping on the phone wakes me up.

Some people work ungodly hours and I am sick of getting e-mails at 2 AM ... not that I respond to them, its just the ping on the phone wakes me up.

All you have to do is go into settings and change the sound for incoming texts ?
No ping

All you have to do is go into settings and change the sound for incoming texts ?
No ping

yeah, I did that but I always forget to turn it back in the morning :(

i have it set for vibrate now, but that thing is freaking load. I would just turn the phone off but I use it as a second alarm clock.

I really hope Sprint gets it and I can leave AT&T. Hell Sprint already has 4g and it's fast and I never had a problem with my service when I was with them.

The compatibility is not the issue, the problem is maintenance privy. Verizon does all their own maintenance and apple does all there own maintenance because they don't want to relinquish their technology. They are coming up with a verizon version. This info came directly from a verizon rep, who is a very good friend of mine.

As far as sprint goes, they could have 100G and still suck because they have NO coverage. They have very few towers and do not lease unlike verizon, that's why they have "the best coverage"
Posted via Mobile Device

The compatibility is not the issue, the problem is maintenance privy. Verizon does all their own maintenance and apple does all there own maintenance because they don't want to relinquish their technology. They are coming up with a verizon version. This info came directly from a verizon rep, who is a very good friend of mine.

As far as sprint goes, they could have 100G and still suck because they have NO coverage. They have very few towers and do not lease unlike verizon, that's why they have "the best coverage"
Posted via Mobile Device

I guess coverage depends on where you live. I like Sprint and have been with them since I've had a cell. I travel the NY Metropolitan, and very rarely have a dropped call. I don't travel around the continental US or abroad with my phone. Just like everything else in the world people have their own opinion of who sucks and what sucks. I like the iPhone, and hope that it makes its way to CDMA. In the meantime my BB Curve does what I need from a cell phone.

Last edited:
Back