iPhone fell off Busa on highway and survived!

stangman327

Registered
So I have an Adaptiv cellphone mount on my Busa that's been a little loose the past week or so. I've been meaning to try to see if I can fix it but other things have takin a priority.

Well today I was riding home from my physical therapy appointment on rt 97 and I was in the far left lane and went over a bump and my cellphone jumped out from the mount. I tried to catch it with my left hand but I missed it and it went to the ground at 60mph bouncing on the ground onto the side of the road. So now I was like "S*#T $200 extra out my pocket today for a new iPhone!

I was going to keep on riding to the AT&T store but since I use the Otterbox and I did see it land on the side of the road I decided to turn around and go take a look at it and behold the iPhone was fine! The $20 Otterbox case did it's job, yes the case is no more good but l luckily I have a spare.

When I got home I called Adaptiv and explained to them that the nut mount was defective so they are sending me one free of charge...I can't complain.

photo.jpg

RAM mount!!!!!!!!!! It's the only way to go. I hav one on my bike with my iPhone and never had a problem. Love it. :thumbsup:

Ive lost..... well we will just say a few :whistle: to the point that the insurance company told me no more I reached my max.
None of mine survived. I think there is even a video of one time riding it came off after a wheelie set down.

Glad your otter box held up.:thumbsup:

I made a mount out of the OtterBox belt clip and a Gopro mount, it works great! 100s of wheelies and miles of riding and I haven't lost my phone..,.... At least not yet :-)

image-789681910.jpg

image-2016305993.jpg

image-789681910.jpg

image-2016305993.jpg

that's great!! I love those cases. believe it or not I dropped my iPhone that had an otterbox defender from + or - 70 feet into a concrete floor and when I picked it put It looked like new. it never worked properly after that.!! but, I was amazed!!!!!!!!!

that's great!! I love those cases. believe it or not I dropped my iPhone that had an otterbox defender from + or - 70 feet into a concrete floor and when I picked it put It looked like new. it never worked properly after that.!! but, I was amazed!!!!!!!!!

Wow 70 or so feet, that's amazing that it didn't shatter into 500 pieces, not bad for a $20 case.

Back