IPad on a Busa

JGGUNS

Registered
I found out about 2 weeks ago that my Ipad would neatly fit in the Map Compartment on my Cortech 21L magnetic tank bag. I haad laready forked out the cash for the Magellan Roadmate App for the Iphone/Ipad so I thought I would give it a whirl. No doubt about it, this is one great road trip accessory and the touch pad will work through the vinyl cover.

Heres a profile pic of the bag on the bike:
06-11.JPG
And my point of view as a pilot:
06-11(2).JPG

06-11.JPG

06-11(2).JPG

The Iphone and the Ipad both have their issues of having clear pictures in direct daylight but in the limitied amount of use that I have given this setup I have not had an instance when I could not see the screen with my shield down due to over lighting.

My iphone overheats when used in that fashion as the other guys stated, too much direct sunlight and no air..Suspect you may have the same issue depending upon where your at. Is that a waterproof pocket? I know that sounds dumb but they aren't all that waterproof on some of those bags. Love the idea! I see your not far from me!

That's pretty cool. I wasn't sure if the touch screen would work through the cover. Nice to know it does!

just a warning, don't leave the ipad in your tank bag like that while parked in the heat/sun. Had my droid x in my map pocket on my tank bag last weekend. Rode with a few of my harley buddies and we stopped at a friends house for a while. Accidentally left the phone in the map pocket for about an hour in 90deg heat, and it took about 20 minutes to cool down and turn on. I think the map pocket kind of acts like a magnifying glass with the sun. When the phone finally turned on it went into cool down mode bc of the heat. I also have an ipad and that is a pretty slick setup. My only worry would be when u stop and are away from the bike for a few, what do u do with the ipad, not too easy to slip it into your back pocket:laugh:

just a warning, don't leave the ipad in your tank bag like that while parked in the heat/sun. Had my droid x in my map pocket on my tank bag last weekend. Rode with a few of my harley buddies and we stopped at a friends house for a while. Accidentally left the phone in the map pocket for about an hour in 90deg heat, and it took about 20 minutes to cool down and turn on. I think the map pocket kind of acts like a magnifying glass with the sun. When the phone finally turned on it went into cool down mode bc of the heat. I also have an ipad and that is a pretty slick setup. My only worry would be when u stop and are away from the bike for a few, what do u do with the ipad, not too easy to slip it into your back pocket:laugh:

You take the bag off the tank and pull out the backpack straps silly.

I dont know about you but I'm not going to leave my $700 Ipad unattended sitting on my tank. But that is a very good point nonetheless.

Back