iOS 6 image check.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
new iOS 6 allows iPhone users to upload images to sites like this now. Checking to see if it works.
I've had to take a pic, load it to photobucket and then embed it or use tapatalk or ForumRunner.
Now that's not needed. Lets see if it works?

image.jpg

:cheerleader:

It works. Only downside is you can't place text in between images as if you're narrating a story but other than that this is something you've not been able to do until now and that is load images to sites directly from a mobile devices library. :thumbsup:

I don't like the new Apple Maps though :(

What picture? ???

j/k :laugh:

I think the maps will improve, just give them time. I hate that my Gen1 iPad is not supported. Extreme annoyment here.

there's all kinds of things in IOS6, siri can post to your facebook now. Ever look at how Siri works or the license agreement for it? They log everything you ask Siri, now folks will be using it to make FB posts... can you imagine the info they are going to have on folks now :laugh:

on the other hand I do like IOS6 so far, but time will tell

I like how the map feature is voice narrated now. I’m still learning my way around Houston and I use the map all the time. It sooooo much easier to listen to a voice instead of trying to follow a dot. That was my only complaint on what I thought my old Droid did better than my iPhone.

Not to rain on the parade or let you know there is a worm in the apple...:sarcasm:

IOS6 now allows you to facetime via a cellular network, "so no matter where you are you'll always be able to see the ones you love". The driving and texting issue just got a whole lot worse.:cheerleader: It's one thing to carry on a conversation(speaking) while driving, now people will be watching there screens while driving.:banghead: Too many people have a hard enough time just navigating a vehicle sans distractions:angry:
I'm all about advances in technology however, it's these advances that make it easier for irresponsible behavior more and more dangerous. :wtf:

Please be careful out there people, it's going to get a whole lot scarier on a bike.

Are these features now available (siri) for the iPhone 4?

Downloading now. How about replacement of Google maps with the Apple map app? some say not as good a review...

Are these features now available (siri) for the iPhone 4?

siri is 4s & 5 only.

for the 4 i've noticed:
-maps have changed to new interface, but voice/turn by turn is not avail for us
-youtube app is removed
-vip feature is added to email
-there is a do not disturb option in settings
-there are advanced options for incoming calls (lower right corner)

i'm sure there are others, but no groundbreaking upgrades for the 4 i've come across. older phones always get less improvements.

Not to rain on the parade or let you know there is a worm in the apple...:sarcasm:

IOS6 now allows you to facetime via a cellular network, "so no matter where you are you'll always be able to see the ones you love". The driving and texting issue just got a whole lot worse.:cheerleader: It's one thing to carry on a conversation(speaking) while driving, now people will be watching there screens while driving.:banghead: Too many people have a hard enough time just navigating a vehicle sans distractions:angry:
I'm all about advances in technology however, it's these advances that make it easier for irresponsible behavior more and more dangerous. :wtf:

Please be careful out there people, it's going to get a whole lot scarier on a bike.

I read that ATT and others will be shutting down Facetime over cellular unless you purchase a seperate plan for video chatting. Hopefully that will curb it a bit.

I read that ATT and others will be shutting down Facetime over cellular unless you purchase a seperate plan for video chatting. Hopefully that will curb it a bit.

Makes me love Sprint even more... :whistle:

Supposedly we are supposed to be able to attach pics/vids in email?
Anyone figured that out yet? I see no Addtl tabs or buttons in email?

Supposedly we are supposed to be able to attach pics/vids in email?
Anyone figured that out yet? I see no Addtl tabs or buttons in email?

Press and hold like the copy/paste function, then hit the little arrow.. :beerchug:

new iOS 6 allows iPhone users to upload images to sites like this now. Checking to see if it works.
I've had to take a pic, load it to photobucket and then embed it or use tapatalk or ForumRunner.
Now that's not needed. Lets see if it works?

Could you save me some time and tell me how you uploaded that photo to this site? I was using ForumRunner before, and I knew about uploading to Facebook in IOS6, but how what are the steps to upload to sites such as Hayabusa.org?

Thanks
Sean

Could you save me some time and tell me how you uploaded that photo to this site? I was using ForumRunner before, and I knew about uploading to Facebook in IOS6, but how what are the steps to upload to sites such as Hayabusa.org?

Thanks
Sean

You cannot do it from the 'post quick reply' screen. You have to do it from the 'go advanced' screen.
Once there scroll down to where you see 'manage attachments'. Click that, a new window pops up, top left you see 'choose file' , click that and from iPhone 'take pic and choose from library' pops up from bottom, either take a pic or choose one, if its just one click 'upload' tab on bottom right, once that's done click 'close window' to go back to post screen. There you will see under post box that you have one image uploaded. Preview post to make sure it worked. If you want to post more than one image than just choose more than one file before you click upload. Same as doing it on a pc but it never was till now.

That should work.

The single most aggravating thing the iPhone can't do for me is this:

Go to the camera, take a picture, then send it to someone. :banghead: Why do I have to exit the camera, go to pictures and then message it? SUPER annoying to me. This is the ONLY thing I miss about Android...

Press and hold like the copy/paste function, then hit the little arrow.. :beerchug:

That is when you're looking at an image and want to email it alone.
But you are supposed to be able to attach pics when composing an email?
This is supposed to make attaching more than one easier.

That is when you're looking at an image and want to email it alone.
But you are supposed to be able to attach pics when composing an email?
This is supposed to make attaching more than one easier.

NOPE. Go try it... Compose an email, then touch and hold in the body..

Back