Into the 9s

ike

Registered
Rickey Gadson tested two 600's, a r6 and a kaw 636 both 05's. Both bikes were lowered 4 inches,via tie down strap, lowering link and one tooth smaller than stock countershaft spocket were the only mods made to run a 9sec 1/4 mile. The
kaw ran a 10.03 sec/135mph. The r6 ran a 9.93 at 135.05.
Is that sick or what? Only $200 in mods. I didn't know stock 600 s today were capable of those # s.(with a pro rider of course.) Sick.

Stock 600's are not capable of doin' 9's
wink.gif

I know....and they still don't understand what a stock bike means
sad.gif

it's funny how they stated 'stock' but also stated the mods they did to the bikes.

whether 1 dollar is spent on performance mods or 1000 dollars, it ain't stock anymore.

sad.gif
For what it's worth, the article that the original poster is alluding to is in the newest CycleWorld as a sidebar to a middleweight shootout that they did.

The magazine itself refers to them as stock, and I think they're meaning "stock engine" rather than "stock bike".

Anyways, I think it's the magazine's loose usage of "stock" that makes it a bit unclear to people who read and report it later.

<!--EDIT|RandomNickname
Reason for Edit: "Cause I want to. Got a problem wit that?"|1113267513 -->

sad.gif
For what it's worth, the article that the original poster is alluding to is in the newest CycleWorld as a sidebar to a middleweight shootout that they did.

The magazine itself refers to them as stock, and I think they're meaning "stock engine" rather than "stock bike".

Anyways, I think it's the magazine's loose usage of "stock" that makes it a bit unclear to people who read and report it later.
Yeah I know, this whole thing has been on here several times about the STOCK 600's runin' 9's. It might have a stock motor, but the bike is not stock and it took a pro rider to do it. A stock Busa will run a 9, most people can't run a 10 on a Busa without alot of practice.

My apologies. Let me rephrase myself for this is what I meant. I didn't think a stock 600 motor with as little as a gear change and slamming would hit a high nine with a pro rider. It's remarkable what the engines are doing today. Anyway my busa is still faster.

My apologies. Let me rephrase myself for this is what I meant. I didn't think a stock 600 motor with as little as a gear change and slamming would hit a high nine with a pro rider. It's remarkable what the engines are doing today. Anyway my busa is still faster.
it's all good. although not totally stock, making a run like that w/ a 600cc is pretty cool.

Back