Intermittent FI light with video ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Made a couple full throttle runs yesterday and a couple minutes later the FI light came on (around 6 min mark) ?
As you can see in video while still rolling I flipped killswitch and key then started it back up and light was off/gone ?
This is second time it has happened in about 2 months ?
They say a pic is worth a 1000 words so heres the video in full from full throttle run , to FI light, to turning it off and back on.
Anyone else have this happen to them ? Is it just a 'hiccup' ? Something to look for ?
Bike ran fine before , during and after ?
Opinions-Comments ? (other than slow down :) )

Last edited:
Hey Blanca Busa,
yea, this happened to me for the 1st time last Spring at 14,000 miles (about 4,000 Miles ago). I turned the key off, pulled over, and re-started it, and it hasn't happened since.

I was about an hour from home, and thought I was going to have to call somebody to pick me up...but it turned out ok.

Like you said, probably just a hiccup.:beerchug:

loose connection is what i would guess. double check all the PC connections.

Hey Blanca Busa,
yea, this happened to me for the 1st time last Spring at 14,000 miles (about 4,000 Miles ago). I turned the key off, pulled over, and re-started it, and it hasn't happened since.

I was about an hour from home, and thought I was going to have to call somebody to pick me up...but it turned out ok.

Like you said, probably just a hiccup.:beerchug:

Good thank you .
First time it happened was last month about half way to the keys .
This time I almost think it an omen cuz if you look carefully in video you can see a Palm Beach County Sheriffs deputy pass by on other side almost same time as it happens ?
Maybe Blanca was trying to tell me to slow down and watch out ?
Right after I pass him you can barely make out hearing me say :
'Whooped 'em again eh Josey'

My friends 08 was doing that...turned out to be the pair valve plug didn't have a jumper on it.When he took off the pair valve he just left the plug off...he jumped it with a piece of wire and hasn't had any issues. Boostbysmith sell a jumper with a resistor for the plug... not sure if this helps.

My friends 08 was doing that...turned out to be the pair valve plug didn't have a jumper on it.When he took off the pair valve he just left the plug off...he jumped it with a piece of wire and hasn't had any issues. Boostbysmith sell a jumper with a resistor for the plug... not sure if this helps.

I have one already there but I will check it.
It is a resistor and maybe its going 'bad' ?

Thank you

how about find out what the fi light is telling you :laugh:

I will if it happens again I'll leave it on and jump diagnostic plug to see what code it gives me . Both times I have been far from home and didn't want to keep riding with it on . That's why I tried to make it go away .

latest ecu software can as well; )
Posted via Mobile Device

:poke:
Natural born salesman :)

So without ecu software or a dealers help only thing I can do is wait for it to go off again ? Correct ?

On a side note I am planning on going to Blais next week . They are gonna take off XTRE and make a map for each individual gear for me . I want to see diffs in the bike and HP numbers if any .

Are you running a PC...? I know a few people that have had similar issues using a PC. Make sure you have there latest software running and see if it goes away... :beerchug:

Are you running a PC...? I know a few people that have had similar issues using a PC. Make sure you have there latest software running and see if it goes away... :beerchug:

Yes PC V . What's latest software as in when did it come out if you know ?
How would I 'install' it ? Just make sure program is up to date in laptop and hook it up ? Then what ?

Back